all posts post new thread

Old Forum question about 2,3,5 ladders

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Calthrop

Level 1 Valued Member
Hi. As I wrote before, I have reached one of the ROP goals - pressing half of bodyweight - but because I still have one goal to achieve, I want to keep on doing my C&P ladders. Cleaning with 40kg bell is still poor sometimes, so instead of ruining my wrist, I am following one of Your advices and doing 2,3,5  ladders with 32kg (and some easy GTG with 40kg in variety days). After reaching 2,3,5 x 10 I'm supposed to try ladders with 40kg.

Question is short and simple: how does this kind of ladder look like in medium and easy day? Should I be doing 2,3 x 10 in medium day and 2 x 10 in easy day? If not, how else?

Thanks for any tips

In medium do 75% of your heavy day

In light do 50% of your heavy day.

If your heavy day is 2,3,5x10. 100 reps.

Then your medium day should have 75 reps. 2,3,5x7 + 1x1,2,2 or 1x5. Or you can just leave 2,3,5x7. No need for being pedantic about numbers.

Your light day should have 50%. So you can stop 2,3,5x5.

This schedule is always working for me. Just get those reps.

I use the system of medium being 2,3 and light being 2. It gives you quite the  volume jumps and I like it because I think 10x2,3,5 is killer. Done this twice and both times I started with 5x2,3,5 on my heavy day cause I reckoned I would have about 6 weeks until I got mighty tired of doing this type of high volume higher intensity ladders.

One time I took two weeks of doing PM afterwards then did 3x2,3,5,10 and increased over a few weeks to 5x2,3,5,10. Killer even with a light kettlebell. I think one should go fairly light when doing that type of ladder. I think I might have overdone it but the very little time I used on it made it work. (think Dan Johns everything works for 2 weeks nothing for 6 weeks type of idea)

So I've got two very different opinions.

I personally feel like 2,3 in medium day and 2 in easy would make more humane variant. Currently I'm doing 7 ladders in heavy day, 5 in medium and 3 in easy, all 2,3,5 but I have to say - this way even easy day ain't easy at all.

May I ask for more opinions to patch this thing up?

Adam, congratulations on sticking to the plan and reaching the goal!

There are many ways to organize the medium and the light day.  One thing I would not do is climb the ladder as high as on the heavy day.

2,3 x 10 on medium day and 2 x 10 in easy day is very fine.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom