all posts post new thread

Old Forum Questions for Pavel

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Deleted member 316

My wife asked me today, with all the programs Pavel has, what does he do when he works out? Does he do one of his programs? I replied, whatever he wants , he's the Chief. Lol. But I didn't really know so I thought I would ask.

Also,I was just wondering if you had accomplished the beast tamer challenge?

Thanks Pavel.

Hunter, right now mostly "easy strength" deadlifts, a press that does not bother my elbow too much: the concentric handstand pushup (starting on the bottom), sometime GU, etc.  Last month mostly swings rather than DLs.  I have not done the beast tamer challenge.

That was my guess--there are some lankier guys (at least with longer forearms) now who have strong hooks despite the leverage disadvantage, though, so I figured I'd ask.

Rickard--I asked Pavel his preferred armwrestling technique.

Engin Terzi and Andrew Rhodes are examples of conventional toprollers, Travis Bagent is more of a posting/post-up toproller, and John Brzenk is a full hand/low hand toproller.

Alexey Voevoda would be an example of a high hooker, Rustam Babayev a hooker with more of a side hit/cup focus, and Evgeny Prudnyk a very low hook focused on supination... if you were inclined to search youtube. There are many more variants of the three basic techniques (hook, toproll, press) as well.

This was totally diffrent than I imagined! Thank you Aris, you always give great info.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom