all posts post new thread

Old Forum Quick question about S&S

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

bombadil

First Post

I purchased Pavel's new book last night--Kindle version.  Love it.  I've read PTTP, SS, and ETKB previously.

I'm a little confused by S&S's programming (as simple as it is!).

On location 126 of 1588 it refers to "the swing."

On location 1495 of 1588 it refers to "two handed swing."

On location 1547 of 1588 it refers to "one arm swing."

I know I cruised through the book quickly in one night; however, I'm left wondering, (and without giving away the program), does the program require two handed, or one handed swings?

Thanks!

It's all there:

"Do five sets of ten swings, mostly two-arm swings at this stage, occasionally adding a couple of sets of one-arm or hand-to-hand swings. A couple of months down the road when your one-arm swing is solid, it will be the only version you will be using."

When going from two handed swings to one handed swings, should you be using the same size bell?

Thanks!

Hoping one of you experts can help. Once I finish KB Strong (first prog)  in Jan my main focus will be S&S (for pre season), but I want to programme in low volume presses to keep power in my shoulders for throwing (I play cricket). The reason being the PM gives me mostly what I need for each cricket season (with sprints), but I have noticed in the past if I'm able to incoporate  presses my throwing power really increases, a few season back i did this by ROP, but the volume was too much for my elbow (along with throwing) so dropped all pressing (and pulls) and reverted to PM only. The last few months I've been following  KB Strong (finishing with TGU's) and it's given me an idea that I could incorporate a lower volume version with S&S.  Any ideas how should I programme in low volume Presses with S&S?

Background: I'm 38, currently C&P 2x24kb  and TGU 28kg comfortably 5 per side.

You could break it up. 3x a week(mon,wed,fri) S&S and 2x(Tues,Thurs) a week the KB Strong C&P with your 2x24. I have had the same thought.

No not at this time. I have a bit of golfers elbow and a groin pull. Its a bummer so right now I am doing a bit of a Body weight circuit of Elevated Pushups and Chin ups(palm toward me) as these 2 exercises don't aggravate either of the 2 injuries. I plan to go to S&S once I am healed(hopefully by January. It has been 4 weeks or so already) and also back to KB Strong. I loved how I felt on KB Strong.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom