all posts post new thread

Old Forum RKC Workshop

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

mberenc

Level 4 Valued Member
I was extremely anxious to get certified and thought my chances were slipping away and had registered for the RKC Level 1 in Apr 2013 before I realized / knew that the Strong First was coming about.  Provided I pass the cert in April, will this be recognized for future Strong First Certs (i.e. Level 2)?  I want to continue with Pavel as he and his work is the reason I signed up in the first place.  Any suggestions would be great.

as far as im aware you will be recognised for strongfirst if you are taught by a master RKC recognised by Pavel. Im in the same boat for may so i feel your pain lol

It MUST be taught by one of the Masters who were in the role when Pavel left..... as of now that only includes Jones, Engum and Dan for next year, unless I am mistaken, which i could be.

So if it is with Shank or Ross or whoever else gets put in the role after all of the SF Masters are out, it will not be recognized. Again, I may be wrong about this, but I don't think so. Toomey would be the guy with the answers to this.

I think it is not going to be just a matter of who will be the master instructor in charge, but also of the schedule of the course and the skills that will be taught and tested, and the standards by which they will be tested.

Lets Imagine that they change the skills taught, or the weight of the bell with which they are tested...

I also believe that the manual will soon be rewritten, so I do not know ...

As Tamer said, I think Mark Toomey is the right person to answer this question.

Thank you everyone for your replies, as it stands now it appears that Master RKC Jon Engum is scheduled to lead the cert.  Hopefully this does mean it will be recognized but as was mentioned I will wait to hear from others.

Thank you again for all the information.

Matt - I have a few more RKCs that I am scheduled to teach. All that I agreed to will be honored by SF. I have this from the Chief...and it is why I am still teaching. Also the Curriculum will stay the same at least for the Certs I have agreed to finish. So please do not worry.

Jon - Thank you very much for your response and I appreciate you taking the time to do so. I look forward to learning from you in April.

I am signed up for the rkc in feb, thought by brett jonThis I had already fully paid for it before I found out pavel left. Will the feb 2013 cert thought by brett jones be recognized?

Tony, it will indeed.

A note to all:  If you see your Master Instructor's name listed on the "Meet Strong First" blog post here on this site, the certification they are teaching will be recognized by StrongFirst.

http://www.strongfirst.com/blog/meet-strong-first-3/

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom