all posts post new thread

Road to Elite

Carter0105

Level 2 Valued Member
Certified Instructor
So im all signed up for SFG2, the last of the certs im yet to complete!

2 Weeks ago I passed SFL and once again the whole process dragged the grind out of me, ive faced challenges durning SFG1, SFB and now SFL, my latest challenge was prepping with a Trochanter bursitis with 9 weeks to go, it was close! But I worked so hard, with my training and programming. That's what I love about Strong first! They give you the tools to be strong and pivot when needed.

Im now going to prepare for the SFG2, training starts Tuesday and I would like to document how I get on training to have the chance of the elite status. To get elite I dont just have to pass SFG2, but all the other certs on the same weekend. My guess is its going to take some clever training/programming!

So, not the best start to documenting this, as Christmas busyness came along! Back to documenting the journey now!

Today, I had another session with my coach. We covered the jerk and the Bent press. I have to say, I surprised myself! The bent press wasn't as hard as I thought; mobility has definitely paid off from the other certs! For jerks, I tried 5 reps with 20kg, and it wasn't a huge issue. So, with 18 weeks to go, I feel confident with both!

I have to do the 36kg press as part of my test. I've done a few weeks of increasing sets with single-rep presses at 28kg. Today, I tried the 32kg, and it went up okay! Not easy by any means, but this was my 1 rep max before I began. I feel like on a good day, I would get 34kg right now—just not any day, though .

I'll try my best now, as the weeks go on, to share my views on the challenges Elite brings to your training, as there is a lot going on to be up to scratch with all the needed elements to pass Elite!

Time to work!

Back
Top Bottom