all posts post new thread

Barbell Rogue equipment purchase

I love Rogue Barbells. I have not touched their Cerecote but I've owned many Zinc coated barbells.
I had their Power Bar. I found it a little sharp on the knurl.
I had barbells from Vulcan Strength and liked them a little better.

I love Rogue Barbells. I have not touched their Cerecote but I've owned many Zinc coated barbells.

Cerecote looked pretty. I wanted color and pretty :cool: this time around.

Do you think multi-grip crossmember is worth it. I hate pull ups. I was thinking I can use it for assisted pullups for for simply hanging and stretching.

Do you think multi-grip crossmember is worth it. I hate pull ups. I was thinking I can use it for assisted pullups for for simply hanging and stretching.
It looks cool. Rogue offers their USA barbell's at a decent price. But their racks seem steep so I went for Titan Fitness racks. Titan's are half the price but the quality is kinda s***. I had to add some washers to a pull up bar because the length was wrong. And the whole think rocked back and forth when I put weight on the bar. If you can afford Rogue's racks I'm sure you will be happy with them.

Anything else you recommend?
Inspire Full Cage Power Rack

If you live have a Costco, you might consider this Inspire Full Cage Power Rack.
imageService

Demo Video FPC1 Full Power Cage

It looks cool. Rogue offers their USA barbell's at a decent price. But their racks seem steep so I went for Titan Fitness racks. Titan's are half the price but the quality is kinda s***. I had to add some washers to a pull up bar because the length was wrong. And the whole think rocked back and forth when I put weight on the bar. If you can afford Rogue's racks I'm sure you will be happy with them.
Yes, I did not want to compromise on quality. I want this to outlast me and my kids can use them.

I found it a little sharp on the knurl.
I didn't think there was such a thing. :) For me, there isn't.

Yes, I did not want to compromise on quality. I want this to outlast me and my kids can use them.

FWIW, my Titan T-2 rack, bought used, has held up very well - I want for nothing better.

-S-

I’ve got a couple of cerakote bars from them (power bar and a deadlift bar), and I love them. The cerakote will chip depending how rough you are with your equipment. I don’t treat my equipment like crap, but I’m not easy on it. But I know some people baby everything. No scuffing their uprights, wiping down their bars after every session, etc.

If you’re keeping your gear in a garage, cerakote or stainless is almost required to slow down the rusting process (depending on your climate). Here in the Pacific North West, my black zinc is so rusted after 3 years in the garage with monthly cleanings.

Is the R-3 expandable? Meaning - you can take it from a 4 post to a 6 post if you want? If not, I’d consider finding one that can be easily added to. I have an SML-2 squat stand that works great for me, but I wish I had gone for a true rack. And I’m too anti-social to sell it and buy a rack.

I've always liked the Rogue R3 rack. The bar looks good as well, though I haven't tried one.

Are the safeties included with the rack?

I've always liked the Rogue R3 rack. The bar looks good as well, though I haven't tried one.

Are the safeties included with the rack?
I don't think so. I will add that. Something like this?

Maybe I am cheap, but when you click on a Rogue product like a rack or a sled, you see that you have to add all the parts and the price goes up and up. I guess in a way I am happy I now only use Kettlebells (and Heavy Club's also). It keeps things cheap and simple.

add to (Infinity series or something).
Is the R-3 infinity? Personally, I’d stay away from infinity. Over the past couple of years, it seems like most of their attachments focus on their Monster Lite and Monster brand racks. If you like the infinity because of cost, look through all the attachments you’re dreaming about and make sure they have an infinity one.

Also if you want to go outside the rogue ecosystem, Monster Lite and Monster are easier to add onto. Bridge Built for example has a lot of their accessories for 3x3 with differing pin sizes (1”, 3/4”, and 5/8”). I have their combo roller and j-hooks on my SML-2 and they fit great.

I have a Rogue SML-2 with safety arms and a few other attachments. It's been great and provides all I need.

I have the rogue s1 and a couple ohio power barbells for about four years. All hold up well and still look decent. I have their rubberized bumper plates too but I wish I had their cast iron ones just for their old school cool effects.

That barbell is beautiful - awesome!

Honestly, you could get a rack that will be everything you need and outlast you and your kids for half the cost... I bought a Titan T-2 rack a year or two ago and it's pretty much all the rack I'll ever need - there are a few features I wish it had, but definitely don't need. That said, if you can afford and want Rogue, go for it.

Back
Top Bottom