all posts post new thread

Old Forum ROP - After when "press" goal is achieved

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Calthrop

Level 1 Valued Member
Hello. It's been about six months since I've pressed half of my bodyweight. I tried all the ways to go further and perform C&P ladders with bulldog, but eventually all I got was wrist injury and visit at the orthopedist.

(Btw, what brought me the closest to a success was Greasing to Groove one handed swings, cleans and C&Ps eventually with bulldog; not close enough though).

Determined to lose some fat, I switched temporarily to G. Neupert's program described in "How to get good at programming" blog, but I'd like to keep muscles and pressing strenght I have already built. How many sets and reps of C&Ps should I be doing weekly to adress these needs? Can I limit myself to doing presses without cleans? I kinda suspect that weird design of my 32kg bell (short handle puts leverage on my wrist more than on a forearm) is partially to blame for my wrist problems.

Adam, congratulations on meeting the half bw press milestone!

Get your wrist checked, get another kettlebell.

Presses with fewer cleans are fine.  Reduction of your volume by two thirds should still maintain most of your strength, at least for awhile.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom