all posts post new thread

Old Forum Rotator cuff from TGU

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

ryanrbjj

Level 1 Valued Member
im on the third day of S&S And have a little shoulder pain from TGUS . I occasionally get this from TGU . It feels like a deep ache in the joint. Anybody ever get this? It usually goes away after a few days.

1. I recommend that you stop TGUs immediately.

2. Go to see an SFG and get your form evaluated.

That said, the TGU is an incredibly safe exercise for the shoulder, if done correctly. If your form checks out and you're feeling pain in your shoulder, then chances are you've got something structural that will need to be addressed. Please don't take any chances.

My shoulder ached for two weeks following an event I competed in.  It felt like a muscle ache, but deeper down in the joint.  I finally decided to make an appointment with my sports medicine doctor, but getting into the MRI and waiting for the follow-up took another four weeks.  In that time, the ache would come right back as soon as I did anything with resistance.  I was afraid it was a SLAP tear because I got all Web MD on myself, but it turned out to be bursitis.  A cortisone shot took care of it.

So, all that to say, see a sports medicine doc sooner than later just to rule things out if it doesn't go away after another couple days.  Lorde Holmes has a famous saying in the Common Law that, "even a dog knows the difference between being stumbled on and being kicked."  If it feels like something more than ordinary soreness, embrace the co-pay.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom