all posts post new thread

Old Forum ROTK loading

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Mark Limbaga

Level 8 Valued Member
Elite Certified Instructor
I'm halfway thru the "strong" phase of kb strong and I'm currently using double 28s. I was wondering if it would be safe to do rotk with 24s?

For further reference half bodyweight press bell is the 32

If you can do the double snatch, I don't see why not.  That is the biggest issue.  The other is can you long cycle double 24's for 10 consistently.   That is a killer.

BrianCF Yes so far I can double snatch 24s. I think I can lccj 24s for 10 (I think I have before) but I managed 6 reps with 28s as far as I remember..

Mark, fwiw, whenever I have a question about the weight to use for something like ETK or ROTK, I always err on the light side, but the other half of the story is that, when heavy day rolls around, I skip levels as I'm able, so my first pass through the program won't take as long as usual.  I liken this to the "preparatory cycle" you'll find in some of the Russian powerlifting routines.

E.g., the ETK ROP is about a 12-week program without the test at the end.  I've gone through it in 4 weeks with a lighter weight and then started it up again with a heavier weight, usually without any break between cycles,  and trained it for the full 12 weeks.

-S-

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom