all posts post new thread

Kettlebell ROTK

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

taedoju

Level 3 Valued Member
i started reading ROTK, and what hit me is i dont know anyone who Done this program near me. ETK seems to be More popular (another one i need to plan to do in the future). Does anyone Want to share a story about ROTK? Program looks really nice and varied:)

I did ROTK for a while, along with 3 training partners, but our little group fell apart and I stopped following the program.

-S-

Yes, although the temptation was there for people to do the program without having first completed the ROP goals, and in its introduction, ROTK is clear - if you don't own the ROP goals, don't do ROTK. I had achieved the 1/2 bw press but I hadn't achieved the SSST.

Because I'm a 148 lb. lifter who lives at the top edge of his weight class, a program like ROTK, which fosters hypertrophy, is not the first choice for me. I did it with my training partners because they wanted to try it.

-S-

Try touching base with Mike Sousa and Eszter Cserhalmi. They both got great results from rotk

Thanks, i was just courious as the book is pare gold. I still havent done ROP yet ;)

Thanks, i was just courious as the book is pare gold. I still havent done ROP yet ;)
I've started watching the video at least 4 times and bash fully shut it off after the honor-system request that you don't proceed without mastering ROP.

Ha my goals are still more in ROP as my press Basically sucks :) but i work on snatch with 32

I may just finish of ROP after the holidays and go with S&S from the New Year until Spring and then start ROTK around April. I don't have a half bodyweight press but I wouldn't know where to get a 125lbs pound bell to begin with. If I nail the beast, which I think I can by Christmas then I will move forward with ROTK next year.

@Mirek- Thanks for the suggestion, just for fun I might try a few lighter bells after hitting my ROP heavy day and my swings, just to see what I can hold. There is a strongman/powerlifting gym a few miles from here that has bells up to 210lbs, I may go there for a drop in at the end of my ROP cycle.

I had great success with ROTK. If followed correctly you get really good at double mp, double C&J and double FSQ. I personally really enjoyed the alternating blocks. It kept me feeling pretty fresh.
Dan

I had great success with ROTK. If followed correctly you get really good at double mp, double C&J and double FSQ. I personally really enjoyed the alternating blocks. It kept me feeling pretty fresh.
Dan

What size bells did you start with on the program?

@Mark Limbaga how much do you weigh? This has always been the thing putting me off ROTK, I am not sure that even if I was pressing 40kg I could snatch a pair of 32s

Awesome. From my reading of ROTK 24kg and 28kg is totally where you should be with it. I wish I could say I was that light, but I actually think I am just not strong enough for ROTK yet. Maybe one day! I might even make that my year end aim for 2017.

Awesome. From my reading of ROTK 24kg and 28kg is totally where you should be with it. I wish I could say I was that light, but I actually think I am just not strong enough for ROTK yet. Maybe one day! I might even make that my year end aim for 2017.

My strict press and jerk strength gaps are quite significant (the most I have pressed is double 28s for 3 and the most I have done for jerks is double 36s for 3)

So I might use 20s and 28s when I run ROTK.. I can always just focus on compressing rest periods anyway :)

My strict press and jerk strength gaps are quite significant
That's as it should be for most people, IMHO. If your jerk technique is good, you can put a lot more weight overhead that way, and it's also a wonderful first thing to do with a new, heavier weight - jerk up, hold, walk, yielding press.

-S-

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom