all posts post new thread

Kettlebell S&S and Farmers Strength

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Im out

Level 5 Valued Member
I've spend about 6 months doing double kettlebell C&J and Military presses, and now, after my holiday I'm starting S&S all over. Simply because it makes me feel great :)

I build up quite the carrying strength for the past 4 months, doing moderately heavy farmer walks. I build up to 175% bodyweight for 25meters (82ft) per round, 4 rounds. About 45seconds TuT per round. My route contains a fair amount of turns :)

Question:
I wish to maintain my current FW strength, without impeding S&S progress. How would I best program this ?

I don't know much about maintenance.

I would think that including carries for 10-15 meters every now and then could help maintain it. Or lower the load to about 50-70%. Or on one day skip S&S or go easy with it and do 2-4 rounds. From what I have read this could be done as little as once every two weeks.

Maybe even all of the above, based on feel. You will probably need to be monitor your grip strength very closely. And maybe S&S would even be enough, dunno.

I've spend about 6 months doing double kettlebell C&J and Military presses, and now, after my holiday I'm starting S&S all over. Simply because it makes me feel great :)

I build up quite the carrying strength for the past 4 months, doing moderately heavy farmer walks. I build up to 175% bodyweight for 25meters (82ft) per round, 4 rounds. About 45seconds TuT per round. My route contains a fair amount of turns :)

Question:
I wish to maintain my current FW strength, without impeding S&S progress. How would I best program this ?
Congrats on your solid farmer's walk strength! For maintenance of that level of FW strength, I'd recommend one FW workout a week. 200% bodyweight for 3 rounds. As far as possible on each round. Rest twice (between rounds) what you did on the 175% bodyweight FW. And I'd leave a few steps in reserve. Go hard, but don't go totally all out on any of the carries.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom