all posts post new thread

Old Forum S&S and nail bending?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

PatrickW

Level 5 Valued Member
Would I be able to add in some nail bending to my S&S workout?  Maybe 5 days of S&S and 1 day of nail bending?  Any thoughts would be appreciated.

How much volume is your bending?

if you keep it low/moderate, you can do 2-4 days a week.

Its been about a year since I have done any bending so I would be starting fresh again.  I will keep it low volume for a while and see how it goes.  Thanks

I would keep it REAL low, maybe 4-5 pieces per session of easy stuff for the first 4-5 sessions, get all your connective tissue accustomed to it. Are you a fairly experienced bender? Which technique do you use to bend: Over, under, reverse?

I would consider myself a beginner/intermediate bender.  I worked up to 60d nails and they were fairly easy before I stopped.  I have tried all three techniques and favor the reverse.  I seem to have the best luck with it.

For now a few days of low volume GTG on the nails plus S&S will get your bending back to where it was before you took the layoff. After a few weeks if you start moving up to harder stock, you may need to switch to a more cycled approach on bending.

Notice as you work on it: how the explosion of the swing is like the beginning of a nail bend & the study grind of the getup is like the finish.......

"Notice as you work on it: how the explosion of the swing is like the beginning of a nail bend & the study grind of the getup is like the finish……."

I have never thought of it like that, but it makes perfect sense.

Iron Tamer,

Thanks for the guidance. I worked the bending in slowly and just bent my first 60d nail since December of 2012. It was actually easier than I remember. I have been doing S&S since it came out, nothing else. Seems to have improved my bending ability.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom