all posts post new thread

Old Forum S+S and training the Troika

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

TEGRAY89

First Post
I have decided to take the first half of 2014 and get back to basics and build a solid foundation. My main goal is the sinister standard from S+S, I also wish to attain the pistol, one arm one leg push-up and the front lever. I think the body weight trio compliments the S+S program and could be trained together however I may be wrong.

should the progressions be trained together With S+S? And how would you do it?

Or should I become "sinister" first before attempting to master the body weight trio?

also are there new progressions for the pistol and one arm pushup? And is there any progressions for the front lever? ( I hope that Pavel will one day write naked warrior 2)

Thank you

"Naked & Sinister"

I've been thinking of going easy strength method on OAPs, and Pistols, while following S&S.

I think it is cool. I am also practicing the troika as a prep for bodyweight cert.

I am doing S&S in evening. How often? It depends what energy levels you have. You can't go wrong with twice a week.

I have high volume of OAP so i am rarely doing full get ups. Just to elbow, hand and hip bridge. It keeps me balance between hollow position and normal posture.

Glad to know others see it the same. For myself,  I think I will keep a daily S+S  routine as that is my main goal , and alternate both GTG and Easy Strength  over the coming months for the troika.

Luko That's an interesting point about the  TGU an OAP , something I may have to watch out for in my own training

Alternating two weeks of S&S with two weeks of the troika will prevent boredom and burnout. And you will always have something to look forward to.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom