all posts post new thread

Kettlebell S&S + Armor Building

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Benos4752

Level 2 Valued Member
I know that some threads on this have been asked before, but they’re a couple years old, and curious for new experiences/ideas/etc.

I know Dan John says to only do the Armor Building complex once a week. But what if you’re not doing anything else?

I was supposed to start a 8 week strength and size barbell routine this week. But even if I wanted to leave my apartment, gyms not open right now. I got a few pairs of Kettlebells. My apartment building has a gym, but it’s pretty much useless beyond cardio equipment and pull-ups.

So I’ll be doing S&S for the next few weeks, at least, of isolation. But want to do more. Stumbled upon Dan John’s Armor Building complex. Like the simplicity. Was thinking of doing that two-three days plus S&S the other days. Rest/recovery definitely won’t be an issue. Anyone try it for more than one day a week? Results?

OR can anybody recommend another routine to try for the next few weeks?

Some people have done it for awhile, seemingly without complaints. There are lots of other KB programs that use those moves in complex form. I say give it a go, see what happens, and report back. Maybe 2x a week?

I am currently practicing s&s. I almost always do so farmers walks after the practice. I decided to add some double kettlebell deadlifts ala ROTK on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Why those days? No idea. They both start with a T so why not. I have been toying with the idea of abc on those two days to break up the s&s continuum.

I was doing S&S 3-4x/week with Armor Building on a separate day after some CP heavy-ish ladders and weighted dips, and before some Farmer's Walks. I enjoyed it in park bench terms and it certainly didn't hurt me - I kept getting stronger - but with this whole coronavirus thing and causing all my work travel to be cancelled, I'm now relishing the chance to do a double KB bus bench program in the form of the Total Tension Complex. It's only 6 weeks. You could try something like that? Or Dry Fighting Weight, which is only 5 weeks?

if it relates to the virus spread, i will choose the easy-to-recover type program. Anything with metcon, or need to be do exactly like it was written is no good. Lots of stress right now from panic, lack of job, lack of food...

So SnS. Yes, but do not push it too hard.
ABC - not sure about that, the weight use is the one you can press 3 times, right? It's quite heavy. You can do it, but do not push it.
Dry fighting weight, total tension complex: too taxing right now, imo.

if you are confidence with your recovery, i recommend 2+2 schedule like in this blog.

1st and 3rd seasons are strength day, for the ABC.
2nd and 4th season are "condition" day, for SnS.

I know that some threads on this have been asked before, but they’re a couple years old, and curious for new experiences/ideas/etc.

I know Dan John says to only do the Armor Building complex once a week. But what if you’re not doing anything else?

I was supposed to start a 8 week strength and size barbell routine this week. But even if I wanted to leave my apartment, gyms not open right now. I got a few pairs of Kettlebells. My apartment building has a gym, but it’s pretty much useless beyond cardio equipment and pull-ups.

So I’ll be doing S&S for the next few weeks, at least, of isolation. But want to do more. Stumbled upon Dan John’s Armor Building complex. Like the simplicity. Was thinking of doing that two-three days plus S&S the other days. Rest/recovery definitely won’t be an issue. Anyone try it for more than one day a week? Results?

OR can anybody recommend another routine to try for the next few weeks?

Did you end up doing this? How did it go? I'm doing S&S 2-3 times a week (timeless simple) and 1 ABC. I'm hoping to put on a little muscle with that program. I always wondered if 1 day a week of ABC was enough for that (20 minutes, double 24kbs, probably 8-12 sets).

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom