all posts post new thread

Old Forum S&S for military PT test

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

kidchaos4

Level 1 Valued Member
Greetings ladies and gentlemen of strongfirst. Have loved the site and concept for a while now, but been a bit caught up recently, started my national service here in singapore. Loving my military experience so far, especially the training exercises, but the physical test is still giving me problems, namely the running. Whilst I'm by no means failing, I need to achieve the highest standard to have a shot at going to the unit I want to be in.

the run is a 2.4km test, which for me, I have to complete in 9:14 and under. I've been doing S&S whenever my training allows it, and I've seen huge increases in my ability to walk under load.

We've been in sort of a field training mode for the past three months at my training school, going overseas a lot, so a lot of our physical fitness has diminished from lack of nutrition, long nights of sleep depravation and observation post duty. Now its back to the physical tests and we wrap up the course, and whilst the pullups, situps, standing broad jump and shuttle run are giving me no problems as usual, the 2.4km run is a limiting factor.

Along with the usual S&S, I've been running anywhere from 1.6km-3km whenever I can, and I have also been performing interval training on a 400m track and hill repeats.

Any tips, and whats your opinion on S&S to augment running? Thank you and hope to gain some more insight!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom