all posts post new thread

Old Forum S & S over 50lbs and counting.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

CDingler

First Post
Last October, I had THAT moment! The moment when I looked in the mirror and was disgusted with how far I'd let myself go. So I started doing a combination of KB swings and bodyweight work. I had some success, but it was going slow. Then, in January, I got Simple & Sinister. I haven't looked back. The following is from my Amazon review of S & S and tells my progress to this point.

I started in January carrying 245lbs on my 5'6" frame. Following the Simple and Sinister program and eating just halfway smart, I have dropped over 50lbs; weighing in this morning, June 27th, at 193. But the weight loss isn't the best part. The best part is the changes in body composition and how good I feel and move. Where I used to be soft and mushy, I am now soft (still have some fat to lose) but with a layer of hard steel underneath. Everything; legs, core, shoulders, arms, etc; all of it is harder and stronger. I have gone from a 40-inch waist pant size, down to a 34. My shirts are looser across my midsection, but tighter in the shoulders and arms. At 42 years old, I am feeling better and moving better than when I was 22!

I followed the program to the T. I started with a 35lb bell, progressed to the 53lber, and am now gradually bringing in the 70lber. Combining that with cleaning up how I eat has given me great results. I highly recommend this book and program to anyone looking to transform themselves into something better!

So to everyone here at Strongfirst, and especially Pavel, I say thank you! I'm not all the way to my goal yet, but I have no doubt I will get there, and your expertise has been a major help.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom