all posts post new thread

Kettlebell S&S (Simply Snatch)

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
I have been running this program based on the instagram post last couple weeks, and although I don’t know the exact details of the program i am enjoying it.

i have been hard at work learning the bent press and its coming along nicely, although its clear t spine mobility is a weak spot of mine. I think extended time with this lift could greatly benefit me to correct this issue. I have half bw press of 40 kg and am using 24-32kg on bent press to learn the movement, typically using 28 kg as my base bell for snatch and bent press.

personally i feel like the bent press may have more benefit to me than the tgu, and i look forward to whatever the final version of this program will be.

only downside i can see is maybe needing some heavier weight than 48kg for bent press if an advanced person spends time practicing this lift.

After 48 kg (as main training weight - not 1RM). I personally recommend switching to a loadable dumbbell or barbell.

Interesting timing to make this post.

On August 01 I changed my program from a strict S&2 2.0 3Xs per week (40kg swings, 32 kg TGUs) to a Q&D style snatch protocol (24kg) and replaced the press ups with TGUs.

Nice break, but.... TGUs have suffered.
Evidently, snatches work many of the same muscles/tendons/ligaments as the TGUs. Shoulder stability is weak after 120 snatches and the standing up is far more challenging.
What wasnt too difficult with a 32kg in the TGU has become almost dangerously difficult.

So...back to Pavel's basics and chose one or the other and stop trying to hybrid a program.

Still on the quest to get the 40kg as my primary TGU kb rather than an occasional "lets see if I can do it kb".

Weird thing with these bent presses, i have been doing 32kg + with my right arm since the beginning, but my left shoulder due to past injuries i was unable to do 16kg, it was painful and unstable. In working the bent press the last couple weeks i have made steady progress and yesterday did several sets with the 32kg on my left arm. Feels like the bent press is regaining some mobility I lost over the years in my left shoulder and allowing my body to support the weight now.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom