all posts post new thread

S&S weight loss training log

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

thegoldengod

Level 5 Valued Member
Over the course of the pandemic I found myself sitting and eating more, working out and walking less. I have gained 20 lbs.

starting a training log to keep the accountability going! S&S has never failed me.

todays session was untimed S&S with 24kg in a fasted state

yesterday practiced S&S with 24kg

today had little time in the morning to excercise did ladders of cleans+dbfsq+presses. 3 sets with 16kg

fasted training on coffee :)

Down 2lb - probably mostly water weight since I’ve been stricter about low carb

Saturday - didn’t have much time or space, did long cycle clean and press for 5 minutes and took a walk. Not the best day

Sunday - 150 snatches ala VWC

I’m losing focus, need to get back on S&S tomorrow

diet has still been relatively in check, no Ice cream this weekend

Monday - cling cycle clean and jerks w/ 16kg for 10 minutes
Tuesday - double swings with 16kg, 100 reps
Wednesday - S&S w/ 24kg
Thursday - S&S w/ 24kg

Feeling good, getting into a rhythm.

Had pizza last night, diet is the hardest part for me. Will try better today

Saturday - didn’t have much time this morning, cranked out 100 16kg double swings

fasting today, fueled by black coffee

Sunday - rest day, didn’t get a chance to workout. Ate healthy, made some creamy dengu lentils after trying it at a Kenyan restaurant. Really good if you haven’t tried it — rice and lentils. Watched the CrossFit Games on YouTube, some great endurance athletes out there.

Monday - S&S w/ 24kg, fasting, black coffee

Feeling less bloated, a little tighter. Weight down 2.5lb since starting.

Tuesday - did Day 1 Wolf w/ double 16kg, didn’t have much time to exercise this morning. Fasted on coffee

How is the journey going?
I'm also on a weight loss journey, though I have a bigger number to shed.

Fell off the wagon last year as work and pandemic related events got in the way.

I read Q&D over the Xmas break and like the literature about managing energy systems to prevent anti fragility

I’m still 190lb goal is to hit 175lb and maintain

Did 100 reps of Q&D snatches today

Let’s f’ing go.

Rest day as I’m following the 3x/week Q&D snatch protocol

Did 20 mins of farmers walks, suitcase deadlifts and push-ups with 16kb bells

Not sure if thats suitable for a rest day or not, but didn’t feel heavy and was mentally prepared

Going to continue healthy eating today. Yesterday ate 2 vegetarian meals and 1 meat meal. Trying to use that as a basic principle for my diet

Fell off the wagon again earlier in the year due to unfortunate events.

I started Q&D again in June 2022. Been on the program for 3 weeks straight now. Planning to do the full 6 cycle.

182lb weight, eating Whole Foods. Jolly Day is near :)

I find that i cant snatch all the time, body is fatigued so I do swing and pushup protocol instead on those days

Still doing Q&D - finding that I have trouble hitting 100 reps. I max out at 80. Will keep trying and getting better.

Rest days this week have been mobility drills - goblet squats and getups with my practice weight. Feels so good.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom