all posts post new thread

Old Forum Sandbag Exercises

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

AndyMcL

Level 5 Valued Member
So, I made a sandbag today! It's about 75lbs and loaded with pea gravel/wood pellets. I'm currently following a variation of Pavel's <a title="Weekly Template" href="http://www.strongfirst.com/a-total-package-weekly-template/">Total Weekly Template</a>. I'm planning on using the sandbag during the conditioning days, mixing get ups, cleans, presses and squats. I haven't gone through a workout yet, but just planning on setting a timer for 10 minutes or so and working up from there.

Would love to hear any thoughts on good sandbag exercises and ways to program them! What thoughts do people have?

Like you said, set a timer and go for it. I would shoulder it, carry it, throw it (if its sturdy enough), then carry it anyway you like continuously for distance or time. Or practice continuous  getups for time. Or see how long it takes to do 50 cleans and presses, 50 squats, 50 carries holding it in a bear hug. Or pass it around your body continuously without letting it touch the ground. Sounds like a weekly challenge.

I always had fun cleaning and loading it on a platform and then having to pick it back up and then set back on the ground. A lot more work than you think it is going to be. Check out the Ross Training Sandbag DVD.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom