all posts post new thread

Nutrition Saturday Cheat Day - Your Menu?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Hello,

Frog legs (no, this is not a French myth !) and snails with garlic and clarified butter. So we can almost consider it as paleo ! Full of protein and good fat.

Then, "foie gras" with fig jam :) (fig for a little carbs ah ah)

Kind regards,

Pet'

Last edited:
Hello,

@offwidth
I perfectly admit that some receipes I eat can sound a bit weird ! However, I really enjoy try new things, figure out new tastes and textures. It only requires time. Unfortunately I can do this kind of eating only during week-ends.

Despite the appearances, it is not that copious eh eh

Kind regards,

Pet'

Hello,

A French "receipe" called "Raclette":
Basically, different kinds of moutain hams (most of them salted, dried above a fire), with moutain cheeses.

Theoretically, it is eaten with potatoes and gherkins.

To be "reasonable", I did not eat potatoes.

This is plenty of fat and protein...and that is so tasty ! However, I admit smell can be strong eh eh

Kind regards,

Pet'

It's high on my bucket list to go to France and follow the tour at least once @pet'

To be in France at that time of year would be awesome. All the local delicacies cooked from fresh produce & the fine wines would be the icing on the cake.

Viva la tour!

Hello,

@Tarzan
There is a saying which says that we have at least 365 kinds of cheese, so...1 a day to test them all. We have even types of wines !

You could do some "wine trip" ;)

Here, almost each area has its "specialty" : mostly sea food and fishes on the coasts (even if some coasts area also have excellent meats), tons of excellent meats in and vegetables in the centre, cheese everywhere.

I enjoy telling to myself that I do physical training to eat everything that can be cooked ah ah!

Basically, wherever you go, you are sure to eat well ! ;)

Kind regards,

Pet'

We have a French chef - Gabriel Gaté who does the intro to every stage of the tour on a local TV station.

First he gives a brief history of the region and then he goes to a local restaurant (or sometimes one of his friends or relatives houses) and he reproduces a local dish for every leg of the tour.

So I have some idea of the quality of produce and the culinary delights France has to offer just from watching the tour.

If I went to France at that time of year I'd go in looking like Jean Claude van Damme and leave looking like Gérard Depardieu :D

If I went to France at that time of year I'd go in looking like Jean Claude van Damme and leave looking like Gérard Depardieu :D
Haha, that was a good one. Never read @Tarzan's stuff while drinking coffee. I spilled it all over the keyboard.

Last edited:
Hello,

Even if I usally do not eat for lunch, I start being hungry eh eh

Kind regards,

Pet'

Hello,

Last saturday was "Japanese" food: looots of sushis, makis, etc... So lots of carbs (rice) and also some proteins with salmon and tuna. Then a long night. Very good !

Kind regards,

Pet'

Cheese - camembert, brie, parmeggiano, friuliano, you name it. Dark chocolate, red wine. Pretty much my cheat supper at the weekend. Yukon french fries with burger or sushi, if I'm going out.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom