all posts post new thread

Kettlebell SF Armbars

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Strong Rick

Level 9 Valued Member
So I tried the SF Armbars today..... those_are_AWESOME!

I was pressed for time today after yard work before my sons football game and did 2 Armbars (1 each side) then did the goblet squats and halos for warm ups.... and those Armbars really felt like it helped out my goblet squats... does that sound right?

I did my 100 swings today because I ran out of time....
But those Armbars were awesome. I think I am going to continue doing them.

@Strong Rick That does sound right, the Armbar enhances thoracic mobility and gets your scapula moving properly near the rib cage. All of this along with firing your lats should improve your goblet squat patterning. Keep it going!

I love them as well. My standard warm-up is to do a few hip opening stretches followed by a 30 or 45 second arm-bar on each side, and then a few get-ups where I take my time in the positions that feel tight. I don't time these things or look at a clock, I just go by feel.

Love arm bars myself been doing think it's called arm bar press with lighter weight been great help to my shoulder trouble broke collar bone couple of times

Arm bars are fantastic. There are a lot of subtle cues, and finer points to the arm bar. Do your research to practice them and get maximum benefit from them. Don't just go through the motions.

Once you become comfortable with the arm bar, start practicing the bent arm bar. One of my favourite warm up combos is:
Floor press+arm bar+bent arm bar+get up+windmill+get down

I like combos and complexes a lot. The way I quickly progressed my get up was various combos and complexes, and tons of volume and frequency, but that is another topic.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom