all posts post new thread

Old Forum SFG I Double 24kg MP conditioning progressions to succeed

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

VikingStrong

First Post
Hi Everyone, I just completed the SFG I Instructor Cert in San Diego last week - and must re-condition/strengthen to 'comfortably' MP 5x Double 24kg to earn my cert. I also will re-submit my SSST 5min test. It was awesome, inspiring, fatiguing and left stronger indeed.

I can MP with Double 20kg x5-7, but only 2-3 with Double 24's. I really want to earn my SFG Instructor Cert 'comfortably' with full control, strength and safety.

Any suggestions to Condition + Build tensile strength ? I am still a Student of Strength and always willing to learn. Full body tension + Power breathing practice etc  Hard Work and Patience.

My thoughts were progressive rep/weight ladders with Double 16's, 20's and single 24's for perfect form 2-3 times weekly, and also lots of shoulder mobility with Bretzels, arm bars, Halos to park KB overhead/ and of course polishing Double Cleans for MP set up...releasing grip BEFORE crush gripping feels great!

My personal MP goal for June 2014 = Double MP 28kg x5, multiples; December MP = 32kg x5.

Any help, advice would be greatly appreciated from this amazing school of strength and spirit.

Michaël Rasborn - Viking Strong, Lake Forest, CA

For double pressing strength, you can't go wrong with Kettlebell strong.

How close are you to nailing your snatch test?

Looking forward to welcoming you to the family

Yeah.  Don't major in minors.  If the task is to quickly get good at 5 press reps with 2 x 24 kilo bells, then......do many presses with two 24 kilo bells.  Ladders gets volume relatively painlessly.

To improve your snatch test capacity, do a bunch of heavy one-armed swings. During your snatch practice, learn to breathe while standing there with the bell locked out overhead.  Do ten strong side, ten stronger side - no fancy rep schemes. Don't put the bell down - picking it back up takes as much energy as two reps at a minimum.  Remember "conditioning" will improve as your strength improves, so don't be afraid of throwing in some heavy snatches.  I was amazed at the carryover from a modest volume of 28 and 32 kilo snatches.

Thanks Mark: I stopped at 79 - forearm grip was about to let it go - safety first; lungs and hip snap were fine - I admit I didn't carbo load well enough beforehand that morning - I also need to condition being a morning person lol - rushed to be on time ! I have done SSST 100 in 6 mins with 24kg, sets of 5' and 10's - put down 3 times and still strong - hands and grip fine. hahaha SFG weekend fatigue management....! Love it. OH walks will be good for me; and yes you're right many heavy swings with my 32, or double 24's and 20's  to make that single 24 feel light - I love swinging heavy!

Thanks Bill: Ladders. I'm polishing the double clean with 20's and 24's, as short as possible with massive hip snapping and elbow pull back gets it racked very cleanly; using inverted V and inside horns works really well for me. Driving really hard into ground gets me setup for powerful effortless lift off.  Practice breathing locked out OH - hmm - I'll try that! Thanks.

I will condition solidly, laddering and get this down smoothly. Strong First.

Thank you for your tips!

Thank you Pavel. Will do.

Just enjoy swinging double 16's to warm up

then 20's ladders 5-10-15 with 1:1 fast/loose rest, finishing with a couple dbl 24's for 5 and dbl 20, 24 cleans for 5;

feels good, controlled and strong too. SFG rocks.

спасибо (thank you?)

With Pavel here.
Try an easy strength approach. I simply can't see it not working.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom