all posts post new thread

Old Forum SFG Instructor Listings

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

mcneuen

Level 1 Valued Member
Suggestion box:  it would be nice if the instructor tab would let the user search by name, in addition to searching by location.

How can we include our studio street address and website address on our instructor listing?
Currently there is only a zip code.

Thanks for the suggestions, guys. We'll keep you up to date on the improvements.

You asked for it, you got it...well, part of it. We just added a search by name feature on the Instructor page. Don't break it. :)

Gracias, Mark.

Ram, I will be sure to keep proper eye positioning when using the feature. Thx for the reminder.

Oops, I think I broke it.

Looks like the name search feature only works if it is combined with an address.  If you just search by name alone, the searching won't launch.  If you search by address and then search by name along, it works, but only in relation to the previous address you entered.

Would it be possible to program so you can search by name alone, unlimited by geography?

We can play around with it any way we want. We added the name search associated with an address so that you didn't get every "Smith" or "Jones".

A simple work in progress. After a while, we'll send you guys a "What I want most" request so that when we do in depth programming we spend the most time (and money) on the features you all feel are most important.

Profiles coming soon.

Database building first

Osu!

Search by county would be great as well. Tried to recommend a SF instructor in Germany to a German friend and it was a bit more time consuming than it needs to be :)

/Andreas Almén, Sweden

IMO, the original one on the DD site was the easiest to use; the one where all of the states were listed, and you just click on the state, and all of the Coaches were listed for that particular one.

State / country might be nice for those of us from foreign lands!

Both home address and studio/multiple location addresses might be nice too + details like if the instructor will travel and that sort of thing

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom