all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Should I take a break from S&S?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Anth

Level 4 Valued Member
Hello!

I'm going on a boat trip in 6 weeks, so I wanted to do something that would affect my physique a little more. I started the Moving Target Complex, plan B (the 6-week version). I love it. I love double kettlebells.

The problem is, it does wear me out. I really feel like I should be resting/recoving between workouts, but I don't want to lose strength on S&S.
I am currently working in timeless simple, but it's just too much to do the day after a MTC workout. I could maybe manage on Sunday, after a Saturday rest day.

My question is, would it even be worth it to do timeless simple once a week? Or should I just scrap it and focus on MTC, then go back to S&S after my boat trip?

I have a second question for those who have the time:
I really do love the MTC. After I finish, I was thinking about going back to timeless Simple 2-3 days a week, working in some practice with the 40, and doing the MTC once a week. Has anyone ever tried anything like that? I tried armor building complex, which I didn't love. Not enough pressing. I love the balance and workload of the MTC.

Thanks!

@Anth

When you chase 2 rabbits, you catch neither. Pick one.

The problem is, it does wear me out. I really feel like I should be resting/recoving between workouts,

If your instincts are saying to add rest, then that's what you should do.

but I don't want to lose strength on S&S.

I wouldn't worry about it if you are consistently training the MTC. All of the Big 6 skills compliment each other.

@Anth

When you chase 2 rabbits, you catch neither. Pick one.

If your instincts are saying to add rest, then that's what you should do.

I wouldn't worry about it if you are consistently training the MTC. All of the Big 6 skills compliment each other.

Thanks. That's pretty much exactly what I hoped to hear.

Listen to Nate :)

take a break from S&S, focus on the vanity stuff and give it all you have (vanity results are difficult to achieve and need laser-like focus).

Chances are the break from S&S will make you come back to it stronger than before!

This may be obvious, but if aesthetics are your focus, make sure your diet is on point. I like to wave my carbs when trying to lean out and still trying to gain strength/muscle.
Also! On "off days", you can always add some easy push-ups and bodyweight squats. On most days I will add in 100 dive bombers and 100 Hindu squats. I find this easy to recover from and easy way to add in volume.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom