all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Simple and Sinister Progression Tactics Post

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

LoneRider

Level 6 Valued Member
Just finished reading the Simple and Sinister Progression Tactic blog post earlier and found it to be a great read and a way to follow Simple and Sinister when I get back to Hawaii (where I actually have 16 KG, 24 KG, and 32 KG bells of my own, versus the gym where I'm TDY at that has bells in pounds).

Background: I'm a 32 year old male, military (US Army) type. Most of my training for strength is barbell based with kettlebell based conditioning/assistance work.

In addition to the article being food for though I've actually found it to be quite useful advice for kettlebell ballistics in general (I currently do the Clean and Jerk, Snatch, and Long Cycle Clean and Jerk as my ballistics as it stands). For the curious my programming for two kettlebell days a week is linked here: One Arm as Opposed to Two Arm Long Cycle Clean and Jerk.

I find it neat that I can apply that advice to other kettlebell ballistic drills in general. I tend to tackle my next C&J, SN, or LCCJ set on or about when I'm able to talk again, roughly and am seeing some results that I like there in terms of general endurance/conditioning.

For example I do easy 100 yards jogs (per the old PM in Enter the Kettlebell) between either my C&J or SN sets depending on the week (so for one week I might do 8x100 yds jogs and the next I do 5x100 yds jogs) as a form of active rest. I go relaxed and easy, since I'm not aiming at conditioning with these, but I've noticed snappier running steps and that my jogs are still easy but faster.

Thanks, Pavel, for sharing that latest bit of advice with us for conditioning.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom