all posts post new thread

Kettlebell "Simply Sinister"

Anth

Level 4 Valued Member
Hello,
I've read about this program in the article and in various threads, but I've never heard from anyone who did it consistantly. I am starting it now and I was just wondering if anyone ran it long-term and if they had any advice about it. I have a few questions:

Can this be run as a long-term program? if so, should I follow the same progression as S+S, i.e. adding a heavier set every few weeks?
Does this program require more rest days, since the workout is more intense than a traditional S+S workout?

I plan on doing it 3-4 days a week. I think I'm going to do the snatch build up variation. I don't plan on doing it all the way through with no break like I've seen some people do. I think I'll do it in 5 sets, with a 1-3 minute rest between, and I will probably do one day with 100 2-handed swings and maybe 10-20 gob squats just to keep the groove for those two exercises.

I'm tring to get back to timeless simple, but I don't have the daily 40-50 minutes required (warm-up, cool down, shower, etc included) due to the busy dad life. I can get this done in 30 minutes 3-4 times a week

Ah, yes, my "exercising in the back yard while the neighbor is doing target practice" video (7:22) ... ROFL

I only ever did it here and there for a quick session... never consistently as a training plan.

Ah, yes, my "exercising in the back yard while the neighbor is doing target practice" video (7:22) ... ROFL

I only ever did it here and there for a quick session... never consistently as a training plan.
This video is legendary by the way.

Do you think it is a workable substitue for doing S+S strictly in terms of trying to reach Simple? I've reached Simple in the past but I've since lost it.
I didn't do much S and S but snatch regularly then started with SSTP got up to timed simple in a month

Back
Top Bottom