all posts post new thread

Old Forum Skill Training

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

burtchellr

Level 2 Valued Member
I've been reading a lot lately, and seeing more and more of some of my favorite writers and coaches talking about minimalist training for strength.

I have strength goals I want to reach, but they are primarily body weight skills that I'd like to reach. I'm normally training each skill 4-5x a day with low volume, 2-3 sets of 5 or 2-3 sets for 12-15 sec holds. What would be some of your opinions on the subject?

Robert, if what you're doing works, keep on doing it.  If it stops working, back off for a week and try ramping up again.  And when that stops working, find a proven program and follow it.  Without knowing more about you, the skills/movements you're working on, where you are with them, what your background is, etc., it's tough to offer any specific advice to you.

What you describe, 4-5 days per week, 2-3 sets of 5, is what Pavel outlined in Power To The People! - that's certainly worth your time to read if you haven't already.

-S-

Power to the people was actually the first book I read by Pavel, followed by the Naked Warrior. The combination of the two books is how I designed my training around gymnastic static holds(planche, front lever, L-sits, and handstands) and calisthenic movements(horizontal/vertical press & pull).

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom