all posts post new thread

Old Forum Slow Fiber Training

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Marcus

First Post
Dear friends in strength,

I am curious to see some programming suggestions for two scenarios. The first scenario is someone who is using slow fiber training almost exclusively but practices low volume heavy lifts once a week. Maybe this individual is training for the beast tamer challenge. The second scenario of slow fiber training would be for a combat athlete like a wrestler or martial artist.

Thank you in advance to your replies.

-Marcus

I am also very interested in this. I particularly would like to read programming suggestions for your second scenario with (a) weights and (b) bodyweight (for when on the road).

Richard

http://www.strongfirst.com/how-to-build-your-slow-fibers-part-iii/

.....just posted yesterday on the blog by Pavel. There are links to the other 2 parts too.

The new post answers some questions but not the programming specifically (at least for me).

For full information I train BJJ / Submission wrestling (5 days a week sometimes 2 x a day).

I like and require simple abbreviated approaches and want to test this ST approach.

I can do heavy deadlifts once or twice a week for a "few comfortable singles, doubles, triples". I like this.

Since my sport requires endurance (and I am somewhat banged up) I go with ST training:

Monday: Pull

Tuesday: Squat

Thursday: Press

Friday: Abs

All sets done to failure that must be achieved in 30-60 seconds.

Minimum rest 5 minutes (10 minutes better).

The question is with the above movements do I go with the 'heavy' or 'light' set recommendations by Pavel in the program in article 2 or something else?  (http://www.strongfirst.com/how-to-build-your-slow-fibers-part-ii/)

I appreciate any feedback.

All those movements are slow twitch style? Will you use a gtg layout on heavy days or wait 5-10 minutes to perform second set?

What are the goals?

Rich

Well Rich, one Rich to another, that probably falls under the 'or something else' part of my question.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom