all posts post new thread

Snatch form check

SMalishev

Level 5 Valued Member
I've been wanting to get into snatches so I come to you with my hat in my hands asking if you can find anything wrong with my technique that I should fix before going heavier/more. Thanks guys

16KG LH - Definitely my less nice side, could work on timing as I can get a very slight slap on the wrist from the bell

16KG RH

While generally acceptable to address your concern try this..

Punch through when the bell is about chin level

Any chance you have a vid of your cleans?? Fixing up the clean in my experience also fixes up the snatch

If you really want a good resource for the snatch, I’d highly recommend Speed Metal. There is about a dozen snatch programs in it from beginner to advanced. The thing that made my snatch feel really efficient most recently was working on 1/2 snatches, cleans, and reverse 1/2 snatches. Then introduce the full snatch but don’t be in a big hurry to snatch a lot of volume just yet or your elbows will not forgive you. Your videos don’t look bad at all. You could breath behind the shield more and push your legs into the ground and follow up with clinching the glutes. That will really put your hips into the movement and make it more powerful.

More hinge less squat on the drop, and what Mark said on the punch.
Punch up at the 11 o'clock or 1 o'clock position so your forearm meets the bell prior to getting directly overhead.

asking if you can find anything wrong with my technique that I should fix before going heavier/more
Yes, I think it looks good to go heavier. Heavier weight itself can be instructive, if form is decent (which it is!).

Awesome tips above for further improvements.

Back
Top Bottom