all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Soju & Tuba

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
@Kozushi have you always been completely faithful to S&S, or did you cheat on her with Soju & Tuba at some point?;)
I have had a lot of soju to drink at times. My best record ever was 1.5 bottles. I could not feel my own skin after that for many hours.
I definitely tried other programmes to see what they would do for me. I was especially interested in bodyweight training just as something convenient to do. I'm pretty satisfied that free weights are more to my taste.
I'd say it wasn't cheating but rather educating myself on what else was out there, which just made me more confident that I had stumbled on the right thing to begin with. Of course, I don't tell this to S&S as one person's "sampling what else is out there" is "cheating on me" to another. To boot, my ongoing relationship with S&S has engendered several offspring. Baby bells keep appearing on the scene. When my kids ask me why there is a new kettlebell lying there, I say "the old ones had a kid".

I have had a lot of soju to drink at times. My best record ever was 1.5 bottles. I could not feel my own skin after that for many hours.
I definitely tried other programmes to see what they would do for me. I was especially interested in bodyweight training just as something convenient to do. I'm pretty satisfied that free weights are more to my taste.
I'd say it wasn't cheating but rather educating myself on what else was out there, which just made me more confident that I had stumbled on the right thing to begin with. Of course, I don't tell this to S&S as one person's "sampling what else is out there" is "cheating on me" to another. To boot, my ongoing relationship with S&S has engendered several offspring. Baby bells keep appearing on the scene. When my kids ask me why there is a new kettlebell lying there, I say "the old ones had a kid".

Hey, I'm not judging you, bro. A man has needs that sometimes a TGU can't satisfy... ;)

Joking aside. @Kozushi , I personally agree regarding Free Weights vs Bodyweight. I know some people have made themselves insanely strong with Calisthenics, but I much prefer to be lifting external weight, Whether it's Barbells or Kettlebells.

Joking aside. @Kozushi , I personally agree regarding Free Weights vs Bodyweight. I know some people have made themselves insanely strong with Calisthenics, but I much prefer to be lifting external weight, Whether it's Barbells or Kettlebells.
Thank you for sharing that thought. I totally respect bodyweight training and I did it for a long time, but I have honestly come to put free weight training on a higher pedestal. I guess a simple way to understand why I have come to feel this way is that it is simply _more weight_ added into the equation. A chinup is just me, just 105kg. A kettlebell swing is me(105kg) + the kettlebell(32kg) = 137kg. It's just more weight total being bandied about. Of course some will object correctly that you can still load more weight on yourself with bodyweight moves than with lighter free weight moves, but still the world is a weird and wonderful place, and I still think that in the bigger picture my philosophy still holds. I really believe I am making myself a more capable "survivor in this world" if I can manage my own weight + things added onto it in all sorts of weird ways.

Hey @NormanOsborn, just thought I'd update you on the results of S&T (just finished this morning)

24kg MP went from 3L/4R to 6L/7R; 24kg CP was 8L/8R; and 28kg MP was 2L/2R

I'm super stoked with the results! Now I'm just trying to decide to run ROP with 24kg or S&T again but with 28kg.

I would milk S&T till it's bone dry. And it would allow me to do other complementary practices. ROP wont! The last few weeks of ROP easily extend beyond 90 minutes a session on heavy days and are seriously draining.

Hey @NormanOsborn, just thought I'd update you on the results of S&T (just finished this morning)

24kg MP went from 3L/4R to 6L/7R; 24kg CP was 8L/8R; and 28kg MP was 2L/2R

I'm super stoked with the results! Now I'm just trying to decide to run ROP with 24kg or S&T again but with 28kg.
You're in a good position that you can either do the ROP or the giant 3.0 now :)

hello,

I was reading the S&T protocol and I am not sure to understand the number of sets.

For Day 1, for exemple is it :

A - 4 sets of 1, R/L 2 times (4 reps)
B - 4 sets of 1, R/L 4 times (8 reps)

Thx.
I don’t know the program but i think you would clean press right, clean press left, clean press left, clean press right and that’s one set?

I don’t know the program but i think you would clean press right, clean press left, clean press left, clean press right and that’s one set?
Press 1 rep left and right for 4 sets..

Once on the 2 rep block, re cleaning before each press is one way of doing it

+1 for the S&T program. It's great and leaves fuel in the tank for other exercises.

Ran it once with a 24, was able to press the 28, ran it again with the 28 and I was able to press it more for a few reps.

Finally, I ran the ROP with the 28 and I was able to press the 28 for 10 reps afterwards (and the 32 for 4 reps). The ROP is amazing but I couldn't do anything else on the side as the last 4-5 weeks, in the end, are just exhausting.

Pairing the S&T (supersetting with pullups) and adding a squat movement and some swings is one of my favourite thing to do!

Didn't work for me. Not sure why but it seemed very easy both in terms of volume and intensity - so I wasn't surprised when I didn't make gains. So either I got my percentages wrong, or I respond better to more volume or higher intensity.

For how long have you run the program?

Last edited:
Has anybody run the S&T program in ABC fashion? I’ve just finished day 1, which meant 4 sets of 2cleans 1press and 3 squats. Felt great.
Anybody any experience to share?

Has anybody run the S&T program in ABC fashion? I’ve just finished day 1, which meant 4 sets of 2cleans 1press and 3 squats. Felt great.
Anybody any experience to share?
None yet I presume..

Good news is you'll be the first :)

I started S&T with a 28kg which was my 3RM.

I soon added Pullups on Rings superseted to my presses.

My rest Periods where 4-5 min most days.

It took me 7 weeks instead of 6 because of a small bycicle accident. Day 15 3repsx4sets was not working, so i took a break (lots of OS-Reset) and resarted at day 14 a few days later.

It was more „grindy“ as i anticipated and reveald a lot if structural weakness to me, but it worked.

Today my Bottom up on the left is even to the right at 16kg and my press is 32kg on both sides. To my suprise without much grind or sticking point.
Go for it.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom