all posts post new thread

Bodyweight Sprinting Triple Progression (AXE)

Georgiaoutdoors

Level 5 Valued Member
Reading through AXE a couple of times, got me thinking of it is feasible to apply triple progression methods to sprint training? If so, what would be the three main variables to manipulate in your progressive loading of the training ?

My first thoughts for sprints outdoors:
Number of sprints, sprint duration, and rest duration are all manipulatable

My first thoughts on treadmill:
Number of sprints, sprint duration, speed, incline, and rest duration are all manipulatable

Maybe weight vest and adding weight
I don’t typically do weighted sprints, although I do have some small handheld weights designed for sprint training (among other things). I have three different weights. So I suppose I could use those as one of the variables.

Reading through AXE a couple of times, got me thinking of it is feasible to apply triple progression methods to sprint training? If so, what would be the three main variables to manipulate in your progressive loading of the training ?
Increase:
1) No. of repeats
2) No. of seconds or steps/distance
3) Power output (or distance covered within same time frame).

One idea: Use a timer and mark the distance you cover within 4 seconds. Once you cannot cover that distance within the a given 4-second repeat with 80% effort, stop the session. After owning 30 minutes, increase sprint time to 6, 8, and even 10 seconds.

I'd be very careful with the use of OTM sprints in alactic training. 5-6 seconds of repeated sprints with a one-minute pause produces a lot of lactic acid (A TON). My 2 cents as an former sub 11s sprinter.

5 seconds of swings=/= 5 seconds of sprinting.

I'd be very careful with the use of OTM sprints in alactic training
Experientially I agree. I was thinking of more like every 2-3 minutes hill sprints. Work up to 10 sprints, then gradually decrease rest but probably never as low as OTM. true sprinting is about as full body a movement as you can get.

Back
Top Bottom