all posts post new thread

Barbell Squatting 405 at 70.

I think if you had read the description it says it was high. At my age and my sorry knees I can't go deep every time when it gets heavy except in a meet. I am not trying to deceive anyone here.
@Jayrob , I apologize for not reading your description. My comment was meant for you, so that you can adjust your squat next time, if possible. I did not intend to diminish your accomplishment.

@Jayrob , I apologize for not reading your description. My comment was meant for you, so that you can adjust your squat next time, if possible. I did not intend to diminish your accomplishment.
No problem at all. My right meniscus looks like a 30 piece jigsaw puzzle. I saw a youtube video and Big Z, Zydrunas Savickas told Martins Licis that at 42 years old his old body wouldn't let him go deep in squats except in competition.

Great job! Is this your personal record?

Fantastic! 405 pounds squat is a very respectful weight so you don’t even need to state your age! This is impressive for any age.

My personal record is 412 pounds but then I had the flu, pneumonia, and bronchitis for about 7 weeks and I am making a come back. And by the way, thanks!

Last edited:
My knees are from over 15 years of football and 40 years as a structural Iron Worker and thinking I was invincible when I was younger. If you can do ATG squats they are the safest of all squats because your butt is held up by the back of your legs. I am too stiff to do them anymore. I go about 3 inches below parallel up to about 275, then parallel to about 365-370. Squats are still the King of exercise!

My knees are from over 15 years of football and 40 years as a structural Iron Worker and thinking I was invincible when I was younger. If you can do ATG squats they are the safest of all squats because your butt is held up by the back of your legs. I am too stiff to do them anymore. I go about 3 inches below parallel up to about 275, then parallel to about 365-370. Squats are still the King of exercise!
My Dad was also a structural Iron Worker. Taught me to weld when I was 10 and to use the oxy/acetylene blow torch. Your squats are impressive, regardless of age.

Back
Top Bottom