all posts post new thread

Old Forum start with ptp or etk for young beginner?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

thiazzi

Level 1 Valued Member
hey i'm 17 and recently got the power to the people and enter the kettlebell books. been reading through and both look very good.

basically my goals are to increase strength , power and add some lean muscle.

which program do you recommend doing first as a starting point???

ps. i also have bulletproof abs, and have been making some progress with the exercises.

thanks

They are both excellent programs and will Help you reach those goals. Stop worrying about which one is better pick one of the programs and follow it for at least twelve weeks. Then do the other one. Pick the program that intrigues you most and most closely mimics your hobby/sport.

If you want more specific advice then do Etk for twelve weeks. The hip hinging practice will be useful when you come to deadlift and the kettlebell is more forgiving to beginners than the barbell. Then follow Pttp for twelve weeks and keep changing the two.

One caveat, if you are new to kettlebells you should definitely look at following the Simple and Sinister programme for a few months before moving on to ROP or PTTP.

Sean, I recommend you start with the kettlebell, and my first choice would be Pavel's latest work, Simple and Sinister, with ETK coming in as a close second.  The kettlebell is the user-friendly, body-friendly way to start building your strength and your muscle.

Don't get creative - follow the program in the book, by the book.  They all work wonderfully as written.

And don't forget that, even though you're only 17, having a physical exam before you start a strength training program is always our recommendation.  Ask your doctor for clearance to exercise without restrictions and, if you get it, you're good to go; and if you don't, come back here and let us know what the restrictions are and we can advise further.

Last but not least, a visit with a local SFG, a StrongFirst-certified Girya (Russian for Kettlebell) Instructor can only help you achieve your goals faster and more safely.

Welcome aboard.

-S-

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom