all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Started my first program

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Not familiar with your pullup equipment, but is it correct that they are done almost horizontally? This seems suboptimal, and would not engage the core anywhere near what standard pullups would. If pullups are too hard you could start with inverted rows.
Actually, my core isn't engaged at all. It's all late, back and arms. It is using 60% of my body weight which is why I use one arm. One arm is pulling 60% of my body weight, 244 pounds. Unfortunately, this is all I have. For core i use furniture sliders on the floor for various exercises.

Concerning my fat level, I am not fat. I have some side and some slight lower back. I am losing slowly. Concerning building muscle, that is always easy but my wife does not like me big, but she understands that she has only me to lift stuff for her as she can't lift heavy. I am building slowly but not eating to build. I do not want my waist larger.
16668.jpeg
Here I am before serious kettlebell. Like I said, I'm losing from every where and getting harder. The swings, I feel will help, and I can see it in my shoulders and body in certain t-shirts.

I am taking all the advice in. Thank you.

That's not been my experience: I've definitely grown more muscular on a combo of S&S and chin ups (especially across the shoulders and back), although I'm something of a lightweight. If you're really wanting to pack on the beef, a double KB program of presses and front squats would fit the bill.
I am probably going to modify slightly by adding some presses. I do miss them.

Got the 24kg about 10 minutes ago. I have used a 55 lb dumbbell for cleans without press. Picking up the box, this just seems heavier and a whole lot heavier than the 16kg I have been using. It will be interesting how my swings are tonight.

Last night I guess I was having a CNS breakdown and stopped at 8 sets of 10. It took me 20 minutes for 8 sets plus the add on goblet squats and pushups, 1 to 5 then 5 to 1. It was a little ridiculous and I was not feeling it.

Last night I cut on of my blood pressure meds in half. I think I may be running low. Consecutive 100 over 60 at the doctor. It is more normal today and I don't feel as tired.

Can't wait to try the 24kg but my have to work with both and build up. That's okay, Rome wasn't built in a day.

Thanks for listening.

I can clean and swing and have some building to do. Body feeling time. Will probably do 3 or 4 sets of 10 with the 24kg for two weeks, maybe 5 per set, and add presses to build to the 24kg. I'll see how it goes.

Fat loss going well.

Lost 4 kg in 10 day's. I tried to attach pictures. Besides the fat loss, absolutely nothing of worth.
I can say, even though I am not doing 300 swings, results are similar. You had less to go than me but half my problem area is gone.

On another note, great workout adding the 24kg. Did three sets with full 10 swings, 3,6 and 9. I also did one each arm push press after the final 10th swing set. Going well.

Great advice on forum.

Did you say you were "not" able to rise up off the ground in the lunge position, in the getup, with a 16k? I know you said you were not really worried about the getup, but if I understood all that right, there seems to be something there. If your strong enough to go from a 16k to a 24k in the swing, but you can't rise from a lunge position with a 16k, you may be compensating in your swing (using the wrong muscles in your swing).

You should post some videos of your swing (and any othere movement you want to do). There's some very experienced people here that can help you.
I can't do get ups because I cannot lift off once my knee is down. My squats are fine. Front lunges are okay if I do not have too much weight and my rear knee does not go to the floor. Luckily there are other things

Did you say you were "not" able to rise up off the ground in the lunge position, in the getup, with a 16k? I know you said you were not really worried about the getup, but if I understood all that right, there seems to be something there. If your strong enough to go from a 16k to a 24k in the swing, but you can't rise from a lunge position with a 16k, you may be compensating in your swing (using the wrong muscles in your swing).

You should post some videos of your swing (and any othere movement you want to do). There's some very experienced people here that can help you.
I could not but I viewed a teaching video on YouTube from Hardstyle Kettlebell Pro. I am going to tackle that this week when I am off. I am goblet squatting the 24kg and using it for 6 of 10 swing sets. My posterior chain has improved since I started all this and grown in size and strength.

Also, the instructional showed me how to get up from the down position I was not doing. He was using leverage I was not aware of. I really think there should not be an issue now. I will know this week. This is the second week of my program.

Continuing to work with 24kg for stuff other than swings, I am thinking I need a 20kg. Or, is higher rep training with the 16kg the better route and sneak the 24 in?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom