all posts post new thread

Old Forum Starting over....

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Jon_Frost

Level 5 Valued Member
Everyone,

I have been training with Pavel's programs and kettlebells since 2001, or thereabouts, pretty much from the beginning.  I just ordered the new DVD StrongFirst in order to tune up my technique and get familiar with any changes.  Also hoping to get familiar with the barbell lifts and bodyweight stuff, which I really don't do.  Does the new dvd have any program guides, of how to put it all together?  My goal is to get in the kind of shape that I could pass the SF instructor tests, even though that's not a real goal, yet.  So i am wondering how to put it all together, or where a resource for that is?  Thanks!

Jon

Jon, I think Enter the Kettlebell and the Rite of Passage program contained therein is still the place to start.  After that, I don't think you put it all together, I think you pick a goal and go after it and once you've achieved it, you put that skill set on the back burner and go after another goal.

E.g., you might decide you want to focus, after the ROP, on improving one or two of your bodyweight or barbell moves - that's great, and plan to dedicate anywhere from 3 months to several years achieving your new goal.  I think you have to have a focus or you risk training randomly and not making progress.  Don't forget that improving your barbell deadlift, kettlebell bent press, 1RM pullup, or other important lift will very likely have carryover to your martial art and to some of your other lifts as well.

If you want to pass the SF instructor tests, you now have three tracks - kettlebell, barbell, and bodyweight - so pick one and focus on that for a while.

JMO, YMMV.

-S-

Steve,

Thanks for the info.  I think I get it:)  Pavel, TKD is going well, kettlebell training is good but needs more focus, and still chasing my splits!!!  But life is very, very good!!

Jon

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom