all posts post new thread

Strength? Endurance? How Are You Combining?

Most recently did 6 weeks of A+A Speed Metal Snatches along with 5 weeks of reload. Then followed it up with 6 weeks of Q&D 044 along with another 5 weeks of Reload. Will be going into a Density snatch protocol soon along with ROP pressing/pull ups, walking a few days per week, a couple PTTP deadlifting sessions per weeks and some Double LCCJ sessions. I plan to do ladders with LCCJ. (5,4,3,2,1)* 2-6 ladders.

5/3/1 Krypteia (Phase 1. Every once and awhile I’ll do phases 2 & 3).

The general template is 5 PROs and FSL (so you get ~10 sets with warmup. the more warmup you have; the more accessory work you have to finish). Between each set of the main movement do 1 of 2 accessories. The accessory should be the opposite of the main movement (i.e. upper body main movement - lower body accessories).

The accessories can be barbell, dumbbell, kettlebell, whatever. This is where I get my variety and just keep plugging away at the big 4 - squat, bench, deadlift, and overhead press.

My last bench day…
  1. Bench
    1. Sissy Squat
  2. Bench
    1. GHR
  3. Bench
    1. Sissy Squat
  4. Bench
    1. GHR
  5. Bench
    1. Sissy Squat
  6. Bench
    1. GHR
  7. Bench
    1. Sissy Squat
  8. Bench
    1. GHR
  9. Bench
    1. Sissy Squat
  10. Bench
    1. GHR
The book has its objectives. Mine is to get through the whole session without stopping. Move straight from bench to sissy squat back to bench without a break. It’s tricky in the warmups and main work because you gotta change the weight on the bar. Personally I’ve got enough plates that I can generally do it by adding. I rarely have to take off and add.

The bench and overhead press day, I can usually go continuously. Squat and deadlift I’m still working on.

I also use an 80% training max. I used to use 85%, but as I’ve gotten older 80% suits me better.

Edit to Add: Forgot to mention - on the days I’m not doing the above, LSS on a C2 BikeErg or RowErg. I go for time not distance nowadays. I let my heart rate dictate distance.

Last edited:
5/3/1 Krypteia (Phase 1. Every once and awhile I’ll do phases 2 & 3).

The general template is 5 PROs and FSL (so you get ~10 sets with warmup. the more warmup you have; the more accessory work you have to finish). Between each set of the main movement do 1 of 2 accessories. The accessory should be the opposite of the main movement (i.e. upper body main movement - lower body accessories).

The accessories can be barbell, dumbbell, kettlebell, whatever. This is where I get my variety and just keep plugging away at the big 4 - squat, bench, deadlift, and overhead press.

My last bench day…
  1. Bench
    1. Sissy Squat
  2. Bench
    1. GHR
  3. Bench
    1. Sissy Squat
  4. Bench
    1. GHR
  5. Bench
    1. Sissy Squat
  6. Bench
    1. GHR
  7. Bench
    1. Sissy Squat
  8. Bench
    1. GHR
  9. Bench
    1. Sissy Squat
  10. Bench
    1. GHR
The book has its objectives. Mine is to get through the whole session without stopping. Move straight from bench to sissy squat back to bench without a break. It’s tricky in the warmups and main work because you gotta change the weight on the bar. Personally I’ve got enough plates that I can generally do it by adding. I rarely have to take off and add.

The bench and overhead press day, I can usually go continuously. Squat and deadlift I’m still working on.

I also use an 80% training max. I used to use 85%, but as I’ve gotten older 80% suits me better.

Edit to Add: Forgot to mention - on the days I’m not doing the above, LSS on a C2 BikeErg or RowErg. I go for time not distance nowadays. I let my heart rate dictate distance.
I love that template!

The only thing I hate about it is that it's almost impossible to hog all the necessary equipment in a comercial gym.

Two rucks, two days of AXE or Q&D. Even Easier strength (pushups, pistols, chins) as a warm-up for all of it.
Very interesting approach. Actually running 3 days and swinging 3 days
This pull-push-squat warmups would be a very good rounding up.
How manu days a week, for how long, which Volume? What if you miss.
As i Run and swing am, plan es to pull-push-squat-flex hip late in the evening.
Couñdnyou tell me more?

Very interesting approach. Actually running 3 days and swinging 3 days
This pull-push-squat warmups would be a very good rounding up.
How manu days a week, for how long, which Volume? What if you miss.
As i Run and swing am, plan es to pull-push-squat-flex hip late in the evening.
Couñdnyou tell me more?
I do the straight two sets of five. ES is the lowest priority thing I am doing right now, so I keep it easy enough to feel like a good warm-up, and only increase resistance when it gets stupid easy. I try to get five sessions in per week, usually, but not always, as a warm-up for the other two activities. It takes maybe 12 minutes, with most of that doing F&L between sets, and can be done while cooking dinner, so why miss?

Last edited:
I do the straight two sets of five. ES is the lowest priority thing I am doing right now, so I keep it easy enough to feel like a good warm-up, and only increase resistance when it gets stupid easy. I try to get five sessions in per week, usually, but not always, as a warm-up for the other two activities. It takes maybe 12 minutes, with most of that doing F&L between sets, and can be done while cooking dinner, so why miss?
So, the idea is to make it so so easy, that you can fit it Anywhere. Thanks for the imput, i will include it definetely. Probably between sun salutations and the workout, or late evening.

KBSF LCCJ + GTG OAP
AGT Step Ups+ GTG OAP
off
KBSF LCCJ + GTG OAP
AGT Step Ups + GTG OAP
off
off

Additional 1-4 hours of eas cycling during the week (commuting, running errands etc.) + 2-10 hours of walking per week.

I usually do AXE + IC twice a week and I do some form of LISS 2x/week, occassionally doing one of the LISS sessions as a hard run (roughly every 7-10 days). That was prescription I saw in AXE: LISS 2x/week with one hard run every other week or so.

Most recently did 6 weeks of A+A Speed Metal Snatches along with 5 weeks of reload. Then followed it up with 6 weeks of Q&D 044 along with another 5 weeks of Reload. Will be going into a Density snatch protocol soon along with ROP pressing/pull ups, walking a few days per week, a couple PTTP deadlifting sessions per weeks and some Double LCCJ sessions. I plan to do ladders with LCCJ. (5,4,3,2,1)* 2-6 ladders.
Just out of curiosity which A+A speed metal template did you use with Reloaded?

Its the beginner programs that included 1/2 snatches and reverse half snatches then eventually adding full snatches. I believe it was the first 2. Last year I also did the timeless 10's snatching too and that was a good program as well.
Awesome, I was thinking about running beginner #3 then progress that into 524A... Both are 3x a week so was going to squeeze in some PlanStrong zercher sqt

I run two-a-days 6 days a week. It's 30-40min of ballistics in the morning, and 30-40min of grinds in the evening. It's all double-bell work, focusing on snatches and swings (sometimes cleans), presses and rows, lunges and front squats. Snatches go with presses and rows (these two I superset), lunges go with squats.

To use the whole Heavy-Light-Medium structure running two sessions a day, and two types of ballistics per week, I prefer to make sure I don't have two hard sessions on the same day, or two hard sessions on consecutive days. So it's Hard, Light and Medium double kettlebell swings on MonWedFri, and Light, Hard and Medium double kettlebell snatches on TueThurSat; but it's Light, Middle and Hard presses and rows on the swing days, and Hard, Light and Middle squats and lunges on snatch days. It lines up like this:

HLMHLM (Mornings)
LHMLHM (Evenings)

Lately I've been following KSK for the snatches and swings, and The Giant rep scheme for the presses/rows and squats.I take days off if I feel like I need them, or I do the work with the a lighter set of bells. I work with either 2x16kg, 2x24kg (my working set nowadays) and 2x32kg (only for front squats or if I change my swings for cleans on that day, can't do anything else with the pair yet).

Back
Top Bottom