all posts post new thread

Svenz training log

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

svencandy

Level 5 Valued Member
Happy New Year to all ladies and gents that frequent this forum and share their experience with their unique pursuit of health through strength.
I have gained much knowledge from reading and searching these forums
Through reading Pavels work, and all the lovely people that are active in these forums and their practical experiences, my outlook on fitness has changed dramatically.
As I am starting to find some consistency in my training (I used to call them workouts), and deeper understanding of volume, intensity and "going by feel", i thought I would add another n=1 experiment to the community, if not only for selfish reasons of keeping myself accountable.

Boring stuff (stats)
Male
105kgs
BF% guessing around 20%
Never been very strong for my size

I only started writing my s*** down recently.
As talked about in other threads, I find snatching more fun than swings and get ups, so will be concentrating on that.

I'm still not sure how to count snatch sets, but when I say 6 sets i mean 6 on each arm (6L, 6R).

26th Dec
Snatch
6x5 , 16kg

27th Dec
Snatch
14x5, 16kg

28th Dec
Snatch
10x5, 16kg
Got drunk with some buddies and came home with some Dutch courage...(also first time I tried snatch with 16 was also drunk)
10x3, 2x5, 20kg

29th Dec
3x5, 20kg
1x10, 16kg

31st Dec
6x5, 20kg
Bent press
3x1, 20kg

2nd Jan
5x5 16kg
5x5 20kg
Bent press
3x1 24kg

Peace and love to you all

After the bent press 24kg, I tried some cleans, feels much better with this weight.

After some cleans went to put the bell overhead, and managed 2L, 3R. Stunned myself.

The 20kg and 16kg press felt terrible. Its like the bell doesn't engage my body enough, to recruit the strength to pull it off, tried 20kg press today and could only manage 2 per arm....

The only way I can explain it is, when I clean the 24 my whole body has to be aligned and tensed correctly to hold it, where as the lighter bells seem to pull my body out of alignment, and I'm only using my arms on a weak base to press.

If it weren't for screwing around with the 24 bent press, thus teaching my mind its okay, I guess I'd still be wasting my time with snatches.

Didn't record Mon-Tues, just played around.

Wednesday
24kg
10Lx1 10Rx1 clean and press

Thursday
24kg
10Lx2, 10Rx2 clean and press
(Last set 2nd rep was pushing it, will see how i hold up tomorrow)

Goal right now is to build 24 to a 6rm and start ROP as designed.

I guess I'll carry on and figure it out based on strongfirst principles. At this stage I don't intend to go back to SS.

Got to 6 reps C+P each side with 24.
How i did it was GTG- 1, 2 and 3 reps. Plus added in some 28kg cleans, which really helped alot.
Decided I should go back to simple and sinister before proceeding, to develop good hip hinge and better mobility.
Put it down to a newbie program hopping.
Godspeed!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom