all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Swing Form Check (movies)

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Piotr

Level 1 Valued Member
This is my old form:

You advised to engage lats to connect hands to the torso and delay hips breaking point.

This is my new form:

Please comment on my technique. Thanks :)

Last edited:
Hello Piotr. First of all you have got a great hinge and a good base to work up from.
points to consider/improve:
- get your Set Up right, on each and every time you approach the bell: tension on hams, glutes, spinal errectors , lats(do the face the wall squat drill, and you get the sensation, what it has to feel like, when start swinging). It is that important: The Set Up IS the first rep
- you definitely have more lat engagement in the second vid, this much engagement is more appropriate to use in fast eccentric power swings (described in S&S), for the almost daily S&S style swings let the bell float on the apex, it is weightless there for an instance, you might try to just open your hands just slightly for that short moment, lat engagement more in a sense of shoulder retraction, than actually upper arm glueing (the infamous T-Rex swing). Because Your upper arms are that tightly connected to your torso might give you the (false) impression, that you braking with your hips later on the downswing. So let the bell float and keep the shoulders retracted. Stay longer in the straight plank position
- using a heavier bell could be instructive to your technique, in my opinion

You are on a good way, by the way to get critiqued through video analysis and your physique lost some of its softness. Keep going.

That is good news. Thank you for reply Harald Motz. I have to confess I had one hour with personal trainer to learn better swing and TGU.

Piotr
Couple of things
Can we see a video of you KB deadlift - it looks like you are not bending your knees enough
Overall the swing looks too rigid
Think athletic not rigid

Good progress though

Napisze ;) @Piotr there is consensus between knee bend and hip hinge. Deadlifting with stiff knees leaves much power behind, just focus on keeping your shins vertical and you can bend your knees a bit more, you will get more power that way.You must reach behind with that hands

images
look like this :>

hqdefault.jpg
Jeff Sokol example, see ? shins vertical, hips above knees, shoulder above hips.

Also at 0:09 sec i can see your abs not bracing enough.

There needs to be enough knee bend and the shins do not need to be vertical - see video....

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom