all posts post new thread

Barbell switching exercises

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Yeah that's an unacceptable amount of flexion. You fix it by an act of hard muscular contraction before the pull. Raise your chest HARD. Try to point your nerples at the wall. It should be quite uncomfortable. Don't drop your hips thinking you're flattening your back. It might require a bit of a de-load to accomplish. Use video for every rep and be honest with yourself.

You're letting the bar drift away from your shins on the initial movement which serves to further challenge your back position. Set up with the bar over the middle of your whole foot - not the part you can see when you look down - the whole foot. This puts your shins an inch from the bar very reliably. Grab the bar without moving it, push your shins to the bar and out to your arms. Squeeze the chest up, take a deep breath and pull the bar up your shins, in contact with your skin. You're also over-extending at the top with that extra lean back thing. No need for that either.

You can fix this.

Please, can I get another form check for DL? Is this getting better?

Last edited:
Looks fine to me. I'd work on trying to get your hips lower at the start over time, and I'd also stop extending your neck so much throughout the entire movement.

-S-

The bar is way out over your toes. You're getting away with it because the load is too light to challenge anything. Put the bar over your mid-foot with your heels about shoulder width and your toes turned out 30-ish degrees. This coincides very reliably with your shins being an inch from the bar. Take your grip using a hook grip or double overhand until you can't hold the weight you're moving. Do not move the bar, do not drop your hips. Without moving the bar;'without dropping your hips, push your shins to the bar and out. Flatten your back using hard, willful, uncomfortable, tiring, muscular effort. Squeeze your back into hard, fixed extension - point your nerples at the wall. Take a deep breath and hold, and drag the bar up your shins - physically touching your legs.

Thanks all three for the feedback. I will work on the mentioned points and slowly increase the weight. Btw ALL tips I received previous were helpful. Particularly Sumo feels indeed more natural.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom