all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed teaching kbs at local ymca?

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

kb02

Level 3 Valued Member
Since starting with kettlebells I find I enjoy it so much more than other tools, my question is im aspiring to be an sfg ,so if I wanted to meet that goal what all prerequesites would I encounter in order to teach and train others ? I think that as much as I enjoy it others would too and not a well known training practice here. would I also need to be a CPT etc?thoughts comments from others who make this their job would be appreciated ..

A friend that I did the SFG cert with started teaching kettlebell classes at the local YMCA. The Y has their own group fitness certifications that they require in order to teach classes there, so that plus the SFG should give you what you need. If you'd rather teach one-on-one or small groups, a CPT might be better... see this thread Best Path to do personal training ?

@Anna C, not every Y requires Y group teaching training - at least they didn't when I taught there. It was recommended but not required at the time for me.

-S-

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom