all posts post new thread

Bodyweight Tendons

rustyb

First Post
Quadricep tendinitis..
I have been suffering with Quadricep tendinitis in both knees for 9 months...
I have done a number of sports over the years...it started when I started doing hyrox ...burpee broad jumps...walking lunges...I am currently waiting for a mri scan...dont like taking medication..is there anyone out there who as suffered or is suffering with this symptom..thxnk you russ.

I had that from Squatting wrong. Once I changed to Sumo/Power Squats no more problem.
Also WRAP the knees. Also I take Relief Factor that also helps.
Stop Lunges. Very ruff on the knees even with no weight.
Kettlebell Swings....very good and easy on knees.

Quadricep tendinitis..
I have been suffering with Quadricep tendinitis in both knees for 9 months...
I have done a number of sports over the years...it started when I started doing hyrox ...burpee broad jumps...walking lunges...I am currently waiting for a mri scan...dont like taking medication..is there anyone out there who as suffered or is suffering with this symptom..thxnk you russ.
I had a bad case in both knees. In on knee I had it for many years.

I have been cured of it without a single issue in the last 7 years. This is what I did to get better:

• I did Steven Low "Overcoming Tendonitis". I used zercher squats as the lift if I recall correctly.
  • After I got better doing that, I started Simple and Sinister and did it for about 2 years. Got to the Simple standard and also started swinging and TGU with the 40 kg reguarly.
  • After that I just continued doing various things with kettlebells.
  • Never had an issue again with it. Im currently doing pistols almost daily, which was unthinkable when I had tendinitis. Not a single issue. I also do lunges, step ups, etc without pain.
All the best with the recovery!

I had it, then I snapped my kneecap. It went away instantly. Before that it was just slow and steady rehab, which was working quite well until my kneecap snapped. I was almost back to 100%. The tendinitis had nothing to do with the kneecap snapping, that was a freak accident, I just slipped awkwardly, then it went bang.

It’s annoying but it can go away, you may have to stop doing activity for a few months but it should go away.

Stop Lunges. Very ruff on the knees even with no weight.
Did you try reverse lunges? It's entirely different experience than walking forward lunges. My cranky knees love them. Can use relatively big weight with zero issues.

I had great luck repairing patellar tendonitis as well as golfers elbow, tennis elbow, and improved symptoms related to torn meniscus by using overcoming isometrics. Mostly leg extensions for patellar tendonitis and torn meniscus performed at long muscle length.

A real good listen with Dr Keith Barr:

I had great luck repairing patellar tendonitis as well as golfers elbow, tennis elbow, and improved symptoms related to torn meniscus by using overcoming isometrics. Mostly leg extensions for patellar tendonitis and torn meniscus performed at long muscle length.

A real good listen with Dr Keith Barr:

Can you say what you used as far as isos for the golfers elbow?

Can you say what you used as far as isos for the golfers elbow?
I subbed out all my exercises, but would have to credit primarily curls and tricep extensions for those.

Is an easy thing to try. I just made sure to do them at longish muscle length - somewhere in the 1st 1/3 of the ROM for those 'exercises'. Count exhales as reps and do a couple 8-10 breath sets. If a particular exercise is aggravating the problem, discontinue it for a few weeks and replace with iso.

The podcast I linked has some practical tips for usage, I just went right at it with overcoming iso, max effort stuff.

Back
Top Bottom