all posts post new thread

Old Forum Tension - breakthrough

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

FirstStrong

Level 1 Valued Member
Yesterday we went bowling and I started to think about the Dude in "Big Lebowski" and his focus on bowling - he listen to the sounds of bowling games for training (my interpretation). Paying his milk with cheques, focusing on bowling only.

I went on to thinking about focus in strength training and started to think about focus/tension in terms of strength as a skill (tension theory etc.).

Today in training, during warmup, I felt strong decided to really focus on the tension. The tension only and feel of power it gave me. I banged out pistols and one arm pushups; not perfect form but still the first complete reps of full ROM. I took out my 32 kg KB and pressed that one AS WELL for sets. I mean COME ON!!! This was the strongest day EVER! (I am a small guy and the 32 is about 42% my bw, managed to push press it before but these ones were strict).

It took me three years, reading massive amounts of articles and books, but today I realised: it is not the sets or reps put in over time, it is the tension (and focus) that is put in at the execution of the rep that brings strength. Thank you Pavel and the Dude, power to you (and me).

Power to you, <a title="View Sture Eru's profile" href="http://www.strongfirst.com/forums/users/firststrong/">Sture Eru</a>!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom