all posts post new thread

PlanStrong/BuiltStrong Testing RM´s (not 1RM) when combining mesocycles. When?

Jaurvind

Level 4 Valued Member
I have a question about Builtstrong. I have attended the seminar. When combining mesocycles i am supposed to test RM´s so that i get the correct repladders for the new month. When do you test your RM´s for next month of training? On the weekend right after and start the new meso on monday?
Anybody who can share how you solve this in your builtstrong planning?

I've just started a block from the Minimalist approach using nine exercises across three movements.
I spent a week practicing and testing the exercises prior to the first week.
I'm less conditioned to high rep sets and couldn't imagine testing so many exercises over a weekend but maybe it's doable.

When do you test your RM´s for next month of training?
Periodization Training Cycle

The foundation of Strength Trainng is build on Periodization Training Cycles.

As you know, a certain number of weeks are chosen for a Periodization Training Cycle.

The initial week start off with a light easy load. Each week there is a progressive increase in the loading.

In the final week of the Periodization Training Cycle, the Movement is pushed to the limit of your Repetition Max. This approach increases Strength providing the new following Periodization Training Cycle starts off with light easy loads.

Part of what the New Periodization Training Cycle with a light easy load does is it elicit...

Active Recovery

Active Recovery has been shown to shorter recovery.

Blood flow is increase to the muscles delivering nutrients for recovery.

Blood flow also. metaphoically speaking, "Take out the garbage"; metabolic waist.

The FInal Week

In your case, the Final Week of your Periodization Training Cycle is the Test and allows you to determining what increase you need to make in your next cycle.

Back
Top Bottom