all posts post new thread

Old Forum The Beast and Beginners on the path to the Rite of Passage

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

gatorbait

Level 5 Valued Member
Hello all,

I am using the template put for for strength and program progression ala Dan John's blog, "Things are going so well, help me screw it up" and adding in lots of OS and some Loaded carries.  I am at the very beginning of this journey, and this is terriffic so far.  I read the second blog this morning titled, "Get Stronger:  The chronicles of a lightweight Beast Tamer" and it got me wondering about something and so I had a couple of questions.

I'm 6'4" and a fairly lean 206lbs (with a thick solid legs and a scrawnier upper body) so my ROP goal will be the Beast.  So question 1.) Does the ROP/S&S path stay the exact same for people whose half bodyweight press will be the Beast (with just longer time spent accumlating more volume at the 32kg, 40kg and 44kg before hitting up the 48kg), or is there program adjustments needed?  And question 2.) The Beast Tamer blog got me wondering... with my ROP goal being the Beast, and im training the ROP with pullups is there an simple way to incorporate weighted pistol training into the ROP/S&S path so that one can be a beast tamer at the end of the ROP/S&S path?

I know this is a little ways off and of course everyone is different so "it depends" but looking for the general answer as I know I cant be the first one who has had to look at a longer path to achieving the ROP Goals.  Just curious more than anything.   Thanks!

Sean,

Do the program as outlined ... it's too early to tell for you.  GTG pistols with your ROP training.  The three goals (pistol, pull up, press) will probably not line up together until you get strong, then focus on that specific training.

Good luck.

You got the goal, but the path will be altered as you progress. AL is spot on, also you don't need to finish rop with beast, you'll press it with all those reps at 40kg. I also would not match ladders for pull ups. Try alternating vokune/" intensity session since the weight will be high, no need to drive yourself into the ground.

Sean, strength is a skill.  Make sure your technique is good to start and keep improving as you go.  You can work with an instructor in person or long distance via Skype or similar, and you can always start by posting some video clips here.

-S-

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom