all posts post new thread

Kettlebell The Best All-Around Training Method EVER

• Thread starter Deleted member 316
  • Start date
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Deleted member 316

I'm looking for a little clarification on the number of sets. Pavel says every thirty seconds as long as you pass the talk test for thirty minutes. If you can't pass the talk test at say twenty minutes are you done for the day or wait till twenty one minutes and keep going?

I'm looking for a little clarification on the number of sets. Pavel says every thirty seconds as long as you pass the talk test for thirty minutes. If you can't pass the talk test at say twenty minutes are you done for the day or wait till twenty one minutes and keep going?
You are done for the day.

Also when form gets compromised or you feel like it is too much (RPE of above 8, for example).

Thank you. I took it for a quick spin today. Keeping an eye on the clock keeps you focused and accountable. You can't get distracted. I tried the lock knowing I wasn't a fan, but gave it a try anyways. Nope. Still not a fan. Push presses it is. I love this exercise.

Thank you. I took it for a quick spin today. Keeping an eye on the clock keeps you focused and accountable. You can't get distracted. I tried the lock knowing I wasn't a fan, but gave it a try anyways. Nope. Still not a fan. Push presses it is. I love this exercise.
I gave a similar program a try today.

Accidentally did the first rep as PP instead of C&J because I am a fool.

I gave a similar program a try today.

Accidentally did the first rep as PP instead of C&J because I am a fool.
I defaulted from lccj to the push press a bunch of times. I just gave up on the lccj and went with the push press. I much prefer it.

I'm not sure which protocol I like best. The Giant or this one. The Giant is nice as you just set your timer and do what you do until times up. This one has you keeping an eye on the clock. The giant is nice because there's the M,H,L days and you know what you're supposed to do. This one is more step loading approach.

Hopefully you terminate the session and not yourself.

:) :)

-S-
i_will_initiate_self_destruct.png

In the article Pavel plays out all the benefits of this program. Hypertrophy is one of the side effects. Would this program bring on more hypertrophy than the Giant?

In the article Pavel plays out all the benefits of this program. Hypertrophy is one of the side effects. Would this program bring on more hypertrophy than the Giant?
I would expect the Giant to produce more based on the higher reps alone. If you then also consider the opportunity to use autoregulation to compress the rest periods this would create further metabolic stress.
That being said, I put 3 kg of lean mass on doing the single bell LCCJ version of KB-SF last year.

Is it safe to say the Giant for more muscle, and the lccj program will get you to where you naturally might be muscle wise?

Is it safe to say the Giant for more muscle, and the lccj program will get you to where you naturally might be muscle wise?
Not sure I'd put it that way. Depends how you eat I guess. 202 lb is definitely the heaviest I've ever been. But I'm doing less kickboxing currently, eating like I don't care and now closer to 50 than 40.
I reckon "A+A plus food discipline" would result in it being easier to make weight while still increasing strength - if that were the target.

For those following this, or another A+A program, what else are you doing?
I’m using this program to accompany my marathon training (which may interest you). I plan to (and currently am) use the swing and get up plan during my base building (LED run 2-3 times a week) and then switch to the clean and herk protocol when things pick up in running. I’m also considering switching out the a+a with QnD every 6 weeks. I like it so far!

Yea,I started this 2 weeks ago exactly as written, with running 5 days a week.i guess itt would be more as a base for me, since I am using heartrate.

I am always curious as to what the smarter folks are doing.

I googled nasal breathing vs talk test ( LINK) and found a heap of interesting things to read. Will try nasal breathing on my Emom recoveries on Monday (next workout - EDIT - 3 days later - able to hold 120 - 130bpm easily when training with taped lips to enforce nasal breathing ) . @EricW What has your experience been so far ? I use tape on my lips at night and sometimes a gumshield through the day to force nasal breathing so am not expecting too much difficulty.

There are previous posts on this forum where people discuss being able to nosebreathe at relatively high HR ie this one Kettlebell - Talk test vs Maf—which is better

Last edited:
I googled nasal breathing vs talk test ( LINK) and found a heap of interesting things to read. Will try nasal breathing on my Emom recoveries on Monday (next workout) and see what happens. @EricW What has your experience been so far ? I use tape on my lips at night and sometimes a gumshield through the day to force nasal breathing so am not expecting too much difficulty.

There are previous posts on this forum where people discuss being able to nosebreathe at relatively high HR ie this one Kettlebell - Talk test vs Maf—which is better
A snude worn in a comical manner around the jaw and head makes for a more comfortable way to make sure you nasal breath in your sleep.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom