all posts post new thread

The giant and running and currently injured

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Kev

Level 6 Valued Member
I was in the 4th week of 2.0 when I had to quit due to what began as a dull pain in my quad turned into a sharp pain in my hip flexor/adductors. Even as the pain developed I was still managing 5k runs using walk/run program. 2 weeks ago I had to stop training as walking was difficult. If I lie on my back it takes a man size effort to lift my right foot off the deck. Once it’s airborne though I can lift and raise it all day. I can pull my knee to my chest no problem so if it’s my hip flexor it’s a weird one. Today after a week off I thought I would manage 3.0 with 2x32kg but the simple act of warming up with 2 arm swings with 20kg was a no go. After much blue language and annoyance I did manage the king size killer without pain so it’s looking like 2 handed moves are out the window for the foreseeable as is running. If I have to go back into walk/run at the first week so be it. I’ll stick with the king size killer as long as necessary and throw in dips and chins and grip work.

It’s all good. No longer limping and today I could do 2 arm swings without all the strain going left and could even do double cleans but the giant 3.0 would have been a stretch. 1 arm kettlebell stuff is entirely fine though. This may be the excuse I needed to try that A+A course with the clean and jerk. Today I managed 30 minutes of the king size killer with 24kg. And aye. I laced on my running shoes because I’m an idiot and like an idiot I ran from one side of my house to the next and tried some hopping (as I reckoned these forces are similar) and decided running is still a no go. But I’m definitely on the road to being sorted. The massage gun has helped.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom