all posts post new thread

Bodyweight The magic of the Frog

conor78

Level 6 Valued Member
Certified Instructor
Actually dedicating time to mobility/flexibility has always been a challenge for me. I tend to dip my toe in and then get bored and move on. Anyhow I have since returned to the tactical frog and kettlebell arm bar as I need to improve hip mobility for BJJ.
I have been Jon Engs T Frog and also the kettlebell arm bar pretty much daily (for 4/5 weeks) and it’s been fantastic.. Highly recommend…

Agree... Year before last, my coach had me doing it with each training session for a couple of months using this exact video, and it really made a difference in hip mobility that has since stayed with me.

Agree... Year before last, my coach had me doing it with each training session for a couple of months using this exact video, and it really made a difference in hip mobility that has since stayed with me.
I love hearing mobility success stories :) I will post my own versions soon hopefully:)

Do you suggest selecting fewer exercises and focusing on them everyday or attacking a problematic area with a lot of exercises? In general do you have a principal on this?

In every mobility drill I repeat your advice to me, which is to win inch by inch :) (Not fighting in to stretches in a bad way but this thinking keeps me motivated, thanks for that que)

Do you suggest selecting fewer exercises and focusing on them everyday or attacking a problematic area with a lot of exercises? In general do you have a principal on this?

I like general mobility as a part of warm-up for training -- move the joints around, warm up the muscles. Like the S&S warm-up routine of 3 rounds of 5 reps of 3 different exercises -- 5 min or less total. Then from time to time, spend some weeks on some specific focus like this for a few minutes each session, either before or after training, to make some new "mobility gains" in some area. Once you have done so, no need to keep doing that same extra thing forever... just make sure you keep and use that new range of motion in your warm-up or your training.

Reactions: Ege
Have you done GMB Mobility program? What do you think of that mobility program?

Yes, I did all 40+ sessions. Each session has follow along videos for the Prepare, Practice, Play portions.

Like GMB Elements, there are locomotion exercises. The difference is the exercise selection supports the mobility theme of the day in GMB Mobilty.

You can select 15 min, 30, or 45 min. for your session.

Outside hip mobility was the most noticeable improvement.

Reactions: Ege
Back
Top Bottom