all posts post new thread

Kettlebell The Muscle-Building Kettlebell Geoff Neupert

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
I think i will try 24 and 16 soon untill i buy another 24 anyway

Ive been doing a mix of s&s and armour complex
Also started doing dry fighting but stopped after a week to do armour

The double 16s have really helped my single 24 swings for s&s, before when i was just doing s&s i was just starting to mix a few singles in here or there but finding them hard.
a week or 2 away with doubles and i done nearly all the required sets for swings
Moving forward im definitely going to be doing a mix of the 2 workouts

I've never had a friend ask me to help them move a perfectly balanced barbell up four flights of stairs.

Why do they have barbells at all? Looks like most of us would be better off lifting sofas and large sleeping dogs. Or kettlebells - most things don't have comfortable handles. And we should lift standing on the stairs, slippery roof or mud puddle. Functional training it is.

Why do they have barbells at all? Looks like most of us would be better off lifting sofas and large sleeping dogs. Or kettlebells - most things don't have comfortable handles. And we should lift standing on the stairs, slippery roof or mud puddle. Functional training it is.

I'm doing strongman training right now. Flipping tires, lifting stones etc. along with the kettlebell training, functional training indeed. Don't have a dog to pick up, but I cuddle with my large rabbits in-between sets.

No ive only got 1 10kg 2 16kg and 1 24kg at the moment

I quite like the look of this too, very similar to the one posted above

“Dry Fighting Weight”: Fat Loss Through Strength | StrongFirst

But being able to press my 16s for 10/12 reps and my 24 for 3 or 4 not sure what to start with.
It says to start with your 5 rep max for press that would probably be 20 kg but I don't really want to have to go and buy two 20 kg bells
Double 16s that ive already got? Or get one more 24kg
I had a similar thing with getting double 28s. I just started working it this week, but instead of doing DFW's first week day 1 ladder, I scaled it back to 1,2 ladders using the long push press. Last night I was launching crisp singles of c&p . Less than a week ago I struggled with one press of the 28s. You may consider this if you are thinking of doing the 24s. You have a better start than I did, it seems, so run with it.

I am confused about weeks 9-12 on the muscle building master plan. The articles goes from the previous month of using a percentage of your new RM to then saying 5RM, 4RM, etc. I don't fully understand why or how that's different from previous month. Any help would be appreciated on this.

I am confused about weeks 9-12 on the muscle building master plan. The articles goes from the previous month of using a percentage of your new RM to then saying 5RM, 4RM, etc. I don't fully understand why or how that's different from previous month. Any help would be appreciated on this.
It means rep-max sets, so 4 sets each as much as you can.

I've never really understood why one would want to have double kettlebells of the same size. I'm a bit poor (or cheap) and heavy kettlebells are expensive in my country. I just have one of each from 16kg to 48kg in 8kg steps (16,24, 32, 40, 48...)
I don't see why one just can't take a 24kg and a 32kg, do some front squats, rest, switch and do some more.
Not having a balanced load is more "reality based strength" in my mind, like when you carry a sofa or a fridge. They're not going to be balanced evenly.
And when you press a single kettlebell the other side of your body has to work hard to have you standing upright.

And better to swing one heavy bell than two smaller ones, there's only so much space between your legs before you risk hitting something. :D
The big advantage is time saving. ROP can take over an hour so similar reps with a pair take slighty under half that (no hand switch necessary). I cannot ever remember seeing anyone using dumbells to shoulder press one side at a time- they either use a pair of dumbbels or a barbell.

Also double Front Squats are a great exercise which are worthy of doubles for no other reason.

I'm not saying doubles are better than singles but I certainly use both in my training.

I've never really understood why one would want to have double kettlebells of the same size. I'm a bit poor (or cheap) and heavy kettlebells are expensive in my country. I just have one of each from 16kg to 48kg in 8kg steps (16,24, 32, 40, 48...)
I don't see why one just can't take a 24kg and a 32kg, do some front squats, rest, switch and do some more.
It's a question of goals. FS a pair of 24's, then a 32 in one hand and a 16 in the other. 48 kg total both ways. Or a 48 and a 32 as compared to a pair of 40's. There is a larger stabilization requirement with an unequal load. That might be good, but if your goal is to move maximum weight, you'll probably be able to do more with a matched set of bells.

-S-

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom