all posts post new thread

Old Forum The One mainly a glycolytic program?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Jeff

Level 5 Valued Member
There have been some very interesting discussions about training with a focus on the alactacid and aerobic energy pathways. When performed properly, S&S predominantly works these energy pathways. It looks to me like The One would be a very glycolytic oriented program. Am I correct about that?

Al, I believe Jeff is talking about Geoff Neupert's "One" program outlined in "Kettlebell Strong".

Correct.  I was asking about the conditioning program found in Kettlebell Strong.

I would think that the energy yield from glycolysis increases with each workout and provides a large proportion of the energy for the latter half of sets.

Al - it is a program with double swings. You go on the minute, increasing how long you are working for each workout (if you can).

I am still going to give it a go when my GymBoss arrives though. Try to lean out a bit. Think it will help a lot, with that.

All,

Without knowing the details of the program, double bells on the minute seems glycolytic to me; but it would depend upon the individual's loading and rest intervals, as well as their current state of aerobic fitness.

And some sets are as long as 45secs, if you make it that far which would, I'd imagine, be very glycolytic. You start out with 15secs of work and increase it workout on workout.

It's difficult to give enough info without breaching Neupert's copyright. :-/

Sam,

Understood.  And yes, that is light glycolytic, and moves to even heavier glycolytic.  Works like a charm for fat loss in the short term, and for new users alike.

Thanks.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom