all posts post new thread

Old Forum The Strength Axle

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
SB, good find. Playful. Once in a while i go in push ups position with doormat under the toes and walk with my hand, takes some serious stamina.

Kudos to the man for actually inventing something.  I'm sure it will be useful for some of the people, some of the time.  He did have a precursor in the ab wheel and the power wheel:

http://youtu.be/LAShWR8Au_E

There has been an explosion in the number of tools available during the last fifteen years.  It's good.  Where people go wrong is in thinking that the more tools they have and the more exercises they do, the better off they'll be.

People think I'm crazy for kettlebells. I keep saying it is not the tool but the system that is interesting and pointing them to Pavels works.

I'm not liking how the forward arm's elbow flares away from the body.  That combined with actually pulling the body forward will do wonders for the rotator cuff.

The guy in the power wheel alligator pushups video shown in the 3rd post of this thread is doing his pushups with one elbow flared out.  It's pretty prominent.  His front upper arm makes a 90 degree angle with his torso. It's not recommended to do that when you do pushups or bench presses.  It could lead to injury.

I wasn't referring to the strength axle.

The guy in the power wheel alligator pushups video shown in the 3rd post of this thread is doing his pushups with one elbow flared out.  It’s pretty prominent.  His front upper arm makes a 90 degree angle with his torso. It’s not recommended to do that when you do pushups or bench presses.  It could lead to injury.

I wasn’t referring to the strength axle.
Oh so your not saying the machine is bad for you to use but the way the person has their form is bad?

How should their form be?

Oh I won't speculate on what proper form would be for either contraption.  The only message you should take away from my posts is that it's not advisable to flare out your elbows when doing a push up.  If you use a device that puts you in such a position, reconsider.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom